page contents
Connect with us

Manly

See The Owner Of World’s Most Expensive Home Worth Over $300Million

Published

on

While Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is currently spearheading an anti-corruption probe and wealth accumulation at home that saw more than 200 princes and dozens of former ministers being detained, reports have emerged that the crown prince is the owner of a $300 million chateau near Versailles, France.

According to an exclusive report by The New York Times, Chateau Louis XIV landscaped in a 57-acre park in Louveciennes, near Versailles, was sold anonymously in 2015, with Forbes magazine calling it the “world’s most expensive home”.

The report states that the chateau’s ownership is meticulously hidden through various shell companies in France and Luxembourg, all of which are owned by Eight Investment Company, a Saudi firm led by the head of Prince Mohammed’s personal foundation. Sources close to the Saudi royal family said the purchase was for the crown prince.

The Eight Investment Company came to light when Paradise Papers, records leaked from a Bermuda law firm Appleby, broke news. The company also backed Prince Mohammed’s 440-foot yacht purchase in 2015.

A Leonardo da Vinci painting “Salvador Mundi” sold for a record $450 million in November, is reported to have been acquired by an obscure Saudi prince, close to Crown Prince Mohammed, as per the report. The revelation that Prince Bader bin Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Farhan al-Saud was the buyer, was according to documents reviewed by The New York Times. He is a friend and associate of the country’s 32-year-old Crown Prince.

While Saudi Arabia recently lifted a ban on cinemas after 35 years as part of reforms under the crown prince, the new revelations could do much damage to his anti-corruption probe.

Al-Arabiya had earlier reported that the anti-graft committee under the crown prince was looking into devastating and deadly floods that overwhelmed parts of the city of Jiddah in 2009 and investigating the Saudi government’s response to the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) virus that has killed several hundred people in the past few years.

The government said that the anti-corruption committee, headed by Crown Prince Mohammed has the right to issue arrest warrants, impose travel restrictions and freeze bank accounts. It can also trace funds, prevent the transfer of funds or the liquidation of assets and take other precautionary measures until cases are referred to the judiciary.

Prince Mohammed’s rise to power began in 2013 when he was named the head of the Crown Prince’s Court, with the rank of a minister. He capped his rapid rise to power in June this year by replacing his elder cousin Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, widely known as MbN, as crown prince.

Prince Mohammed’s crackdown on corruption is just the latest in a wave of frenetic changes in the kingdom over the past two-and-a-half years. He said he’s determined to remodel his conservative country into a modern state no longer dependent on oil.

With inputs from agencies

Here are photos below;

Manly

EFF demands the sacking of South Africa’s finance minister Nene.

Published

on

South Africa’s political players are headed for a collision course over the fate of the finance minister, who the Treasury on Tuesday said is traveling to Indonesia for an International Monetary Fund (IMF) meeting.



Pressure has been piling on finance minister Nhlanhla Nene to resign, following his disclosure to the state-capture inquiry commission, that he had met the Gupta brothers between 2010 and 2013.

The Business Day on Monday reported that Nene had asked president Cyril Ramaphosa to relieve him of his duties as finance minister.

Ramaphosa’s office responded and said they were not aware of Nene’s request.

And on Tuesday, Treasury spokesman Jabulani Sikhakhane said the finance minister was expected to arrive in Indonesia on Wednesday.

Nene is also expected to read the mid-term budget later this month.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The news that Nene is continuing with his duties is likely to anger opposition supporters including the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), whose leader, Julius Malema on Monday asked Ramaphosa to sack Nene.

In a written letter to Ramaphosa, Malema argued that the country, whose economy is in recession, had very serious challenges that needed a credible finance minister to address them.

‘‘Public servants at all spheres and levels of government will have no obligation to responsibly manage state fiscal resources under a compromised minister of finance,’‘ Malema said.

He then added that that Nene can no longer inspire much needed confidence to revive the economy.

‘‘The Medium-Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS)‚ which is supposed to be a statement to build confidence amongst all important economic role players‚ cannot‚ and should not‚ be delivered by a minister who was part of the Gupta criminal syndicate.”

For the EFF, Nene’s position as finance minister is no longer tenable and they are determined to win what they are now calling a battle.

Malema had threatened on Sunday that streets protests might be organised to demand for the removal of Nene as finance minister.

The Gupta brothers are accused of using their friendship with former president Jacob Zuma to influence government decisions including unfairly winning state contrcats.

Both Zuma and the Guptas have denied any wrongdoing.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Manly

South Africa: Ex-minister reveals Zuma’s Gupta deals.

Published

on

South Africa’s Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene said on Wednesday he was fired by former president Jacob Zuma for refusing to approve contracts that would financially benefit the Gupta family, friends of Zuma accused of corruption.



Nene, who was giving testimony at a judicial inquiry into influence-peddling, said the main reason he was he was sacked was for rejecting a proposed plan to build a fleet of nuclear power plants. The project could have cost up to $100 billion.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Zuma and the Gupta family deny allegations they colluded to inappropriately divert state funds.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved