page contents
Connect with us

News

Honeymoon couple saw their baby son rescued from Cameron House blaze (Photos)

Published

on

Ababy boy was rescued from the fire that swept through the five star Cameron House Hotel as his newlywed parents watched.

Andrew and Louise Logan, from Worcestershire, were on their honeymoon when they found themselves trapped in their suite after the blaze, in which two people died, broke out on Monday morning.

Their son Jimmy was rescued by a firefighter who cradled him in his arm as he carried him down a ladder from a third-floor window.

Image result for Honeymoon couple saw their baby son rescued from Cameron House blaze

Linsey Allan, 37, who saw the rescue, said: “The family were screaming, ‘Help us, we can’t get out and we’ve got a baby’.

“Then the room filled with smoke, the lights in the room went off and we didn’t hear them again. I was in tears and shaking. It was incredibly traumatic, horrendous.”

All three were taken to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation before being released.

Related image

One guest was declared dead at the scene and another guest died later at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley.

Emergency services are continuing to investigate the cause of the fire at the luxury hotel on the banks of Loch Lomond.

More than 70 firefighters were involved in fighting the blaze after the alarm was raised at around 6.40am on Monday. Seven fire units were still in attendance on Tuesday morning.

Related image

John Gow, of International Fire Investigators and Consultants, said making the badly damaged building safe would be the priority in the early stages of an investigation.The hotel is a popular wedding venue and houses the Michelin starred Martin Wishart at Loch Lomond restaurant.The resort director, Andy Roger, offered his “deepest condolences” to the families of two guests who died in the fire. The 18th century mansion was converted into a hotel and resort in 1986.

News

Lionel Messi wins record fifth Golden Shoe award

Published

on

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi says he “never imagined having so much success” after being presented with a record fifth European Golden Shoe award.




The Argentine scored 34 goals in 36 La Liga appearances in 2017-18, making him the highest goalscorer in Europe ahead of Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah (32).

Messi’s latest Golden Shoe award moves him one ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, who has won four in total.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

“The truth is I had no idea this would happen when I started,” said Messi.

“I dreamt of playing professional football and enjoying success, I love the game, but I never imagined I would have so much.”

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Tottenham’s Harry Kane finished third in the rankings with 30 Premier League goals, while former Real Madrid forward Ronaldo – now at Juventus – ended the season with 26 goals in 27 league matches.

Messi currently leads Europe’s goalscoring charts once again, with 14 goals so far this term, as he targets a sixth Golden Shoe award.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Crime

Kenyan Bishop Bags 75 Years Jail Term For Defiling Three Girls

Published

on

A bishop accused of defiling three girls he was living with at an orphanage, infecting one of them with HIV has now sentenced to 75 years in prison.



Kisumu Resident Magistrate Pauline Mbulika found him guilty of three counts of defilement and deliberate transmission of HIV.

Joseph Agutu had promised to sponsor the minors before he started defiling them.

Agutu who hid his face from the cameras as police escorted him out of the solitary cell to Kodiaga Maximum Prison, had maintained his innocence throughout the proceedings.

He was charged with committing the crime against the girls between April and July 2016. One of the girls is aged 14 while two are 15 years old.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

The court heard that the accused intentionally committed the crime and deliberately infected one of the minors with HIV.

The accused also reportedly touched the girls inappropriately on various dates between April and July 12, 2016. In addition, Agutu also faced an alternative charge of touching the private parts of the minors.

Four prosecution witnesses pointed an accusing finger to the Bishop with the minors recounting the sexual encounters that the man subjected them to.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

One of the minors who is an orphan painfully narrated to the court how the bishop lured her and her grandmother to the trap.

“My grandmother brought me to him and he promised to sponsor my education. My grandmother went back home and left me with him at the church,” said the minor.

After a while, she told the court, the bishop defiled her and called the other girl and defiled them too as she slept on the floor. She said they were crying throughout the ordeal.

The court heard that the following morning the bishop refused to allow them to go to school but instead ordered them to go to church.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved