page contents
Connect with us

News

Video: Daughter of woman who was eaten alive by a safari park tiger sue zoo for £175k

Published

on

The daughter of a woman eaten alive by a safari park tiger is suing zoo bosses for £175,000.

The mother, named only as Mrs Zhou, was mauled to death by a Siberian tiger as she tried to rescue her daughter from the jaws of another tiger.

Daughter, named as Zhao, was pounced on and dragged away by the big cat at at Badaling Wildlife Park in Beijing, China.

She suffered serious injuries and has reportedly been left disabled following the horrific incident in July last year.

 

The tragic incident began when Zhao got out of a car inside the Siberian tiger enclosure, apparently to berate her partner in the driver’s seat.

One of the powerful creatures quickly pounced at Badaling Wildlife Park in Beijing, China.

Her mother and a man then also got out and went to her rescue.

Mrs Zhou was then attacked by a second tiger who dragged her to her death as park rangers frantically tried to intervene.

Zhao survived the attack and is now reportedly suing the wildlife park for a 1.55 million yuan payout (£175,000).

She demanded the park take partial responsibility for her mother’s death on July 23, 2016.

The business was cleared of any wrongdoing following a previous official investigation and officials ruled there were no safety concerns at the safari park.

The payout petition apparently includes 1.25 million yuan (£141,000) to cover Ms Zhou’s funeral cost, life expenses for Ms Zhou’s dependants and consolation compensation for Ms Zhou’s family members.

It also included 310,000 yuan (£35,000) for Ms Zhao to cover her surgery fees and lost wages.

Shocking moment tiger attacks woman and kills mum after they LEAVE car during family row at safari park

Shocking moment tiger attacks woman and kills mum after they LEAVE car during family row at safari park

The horrendous incident was partly captured on shocking CCTV footage.

A silver car is driving along a paved pathway through the park when it comes to a stop.

A young woman gets out of the front passenger seat, slams her door and stomps round to the driver’s side.

The driver also opens his door as the woman appears to remonstrate with him.

But within seconds, a tiger appears from nowhere and pounces on the woman’s back from behind.

She appears to hear it coming only at the last second and is unable to escape.

The animal pulls her to the ground and away from the vehicle with lightning speed.

The man gets out of the car and for a moment appears unsure whether to get back in or go after the woman.

He then disappears off camera.

A few seconds later, the older woman also gets out the car as park rangers appear in a jeep.

The man appears to motion her back into the vehicle, but she runs with him off camera as well.

The second tiger attack is not captured on camera.

The park was closed while an investigation was conducted.

Sources told ChinaNews said the accident involved a family of four including three adults and a child.

As the vehicle travelled through the Siberian tiger garden area, there was an “altercation” between the young woman and man who was driving.

Signs at Badaling Wildlife Park warn visitors not to leave their vehicles.

A zookeeper was killed at the same park in 2014 after being bitten by a Bengal tiger, according to Sina News.

Business

Nigeria Customs suggest 35% levy on imported vehicles reduction to check smuggling.

Published

on

The Comptroller-General of Customs, Col Hameed Ali (retd.) has called on the Federal Government to reduce the 35 per cent levy on imported vehicles so as to check the rising cases of smuggled vehicles into the country.

Ali said this on Wednesday in Abuja at the unveiling of a Strategic Revenue Growth Initiative which was held at the Ministry of Finance.

He said already the Nigeria Customs Service had made a proposal to the Ministry of Finance on the need for a reduction in the 35 per cent levy on imported vehicles.



Ali said currently, any new vehicle imported into the country attracted an import duty of 35 per cent and an additional levy of 35 per cent.

This, he noted, brought the total duty payable on such a vehicle to about 70 per cent.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

He described the 70 per cent being charged by the government as high, adding that time had come for it to be reduced.

In achieving this, he said, the government could still retain the 35 per cent import duty while the additional 35 per cent levy could be tinkered by bringing it downwards.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

He said, “First, we must understand the fact that smuggling in most cases did not really occur because of the tariff that is placed on goods in Nigeria.

“When we talk about vehicles, yes, new vehicles attract 70 per cent duty; that is 35 per cent duty and 35 per cent levy but most of the vehicles that are being smuggled through our borders are not new vehicles, they are used vehicles.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, who unveiled the Strategic Revenue Growth Initiative, said that the government was concerned about the inability of some of its agencies to meet their revenue target.

She admitted that it had become a challenge for the government to mobilise fiscal resources to deliver on its developmental objectives, adding that President Muhammadu Buhari had directed that revenue generation needed to be enhanced.

According to her, while oil revenue to oil Gross Domestic Product ratio stands at about 39 per cent, non-oil revenue to non-oil GDP is about 4.2 per cent.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

News

24 days to Election in Nigeria, Obiageli Ezekwesili quits presidential race.

Published

on

The leading female candidate in Nigeria’s presidential election said on Thursday she had withdrawn from the race weeks ahead of the poll to help build a coalition to provide a viable alternative to the country’s two main parties.

Former government minister Obiageli Ezekwesili, co-founder of a group to raise awareness about more than 200 girls kidnapped by the militant Islamist group Boko Haram in 2014, said on Twitter that she had been in talks for three months with other candidates about a coalition.



Nigeria’s presidential election is scheduled to take place on Feb. 16. The main candidates in the race to head Africa’s top oil producing country are the incumbent, Muhammadu Buhari, and Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president who is representing the main opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

IMG-20180912-WA0030

“I have decided to step down from the presidential race and focus on helping to build a coalition for a viable alternative to the #APCPDP in the 2019 general,” said Ezekwesili in a tweet.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Ezekwesili was not considered to be among the frontrunners in the race. Analysts see President Buhari and Abubakar as the only genuine contenders due to the financial power and patronage networks provided by their parties.

Ezekwesili, a former government minister, is a founder of the civil society organization Transparency International. She was considered for the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of her anti-corruption work.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved