page contents
Connect with us

News

Desperate race against time to save little boy’s life after basketball sized tumour grows on his face

Published

on

A young boy is facing a desperate race against time to stay alive after a basketball sized tumour grew on his face.

Although the tumour is benign, doctors say it is life threatening because its size makes it difficult for Emanuel Zayas to breathe and eat.

Now surgeons in Florida are asking for public health to pay for the surgery he needs to keep him alive.

Local 10 News reports the boy and his family arrived in Miami last month from Cuba on a medical visa.

His parents had spent years in Cuba seeking a doctor that would take on the operation.

But now in just a few weeks, Emanuel Zayas will get all the help he needs at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

The news channel said for the past two years, Zayas watched a benign tumour grow from his jaw, making it difficult for him to breathe and eat.

It was a medical case that doctors in his native Cuba could do nothing about.

“As parents, we’ve kept fighting every moment,” Zayas’ mother, Melvin Vizaino, said.

The teen will undergo surgery next month at JMH to remove the 10-pound growth, a procedure that will take eight to 10 hours and requires a team of four surgeons, the news station reports.

“The length of surgery time wise has little to do with how people recover. It has to do with the blood loss,” chief surgeon Dr. Robert Marx told the station.

“We are being very careful to preserve any blood flow and tie off blood vessels that will get him to recover sooner.”

Zayas has suffered from polyostotic fibrous dysplasia since he was just two years old.

The disorder has crippled his leg, softened his skull bone and led to a pimple on his nose that has never stopped growing.

Left untreated, the tumour would most certainly fracture his neck and suffocate him, doctors told the channel.

“It’s benign, meaning it’s not a cancer. It’s not going to travel to other parts of his body, but it’s life-threatening by its very weight,” Marx said.

“His lower jaw is normal. He gets food through his mouth the best he can and squashes it down.”After next month’s surgery, the teen will need at least two more surgeries to reconstruct his jaw and replace his teeth.

The International Kids Fund program of the Jackson Health Foundation will cover the costs of surgery through donations.

“Now that we’re in Christmas and the New Year, please be generous. This requires a lot of time and a lot of fundraising,” Mariana Martinez, with IKF Wonderfund, said.

The teenager will undergo surgery on January 12, and, depending on his recovery, he’ll have reconstruction surgery later in the year.

News

Facebook’s WhatsApp limits text forwards to five user to restrain false news

Published

on

Facebook Inc’s WhatsApp (FB.O) messenger service company executives has stated their desire in globally limiting the number of times a user can farward a message to five, in a bid to fight “misinformation and rumors”.



Victoria Grand, vice president for policy and communications at WhatsApp, said at an event in the Indonesian capital, “We’re imposing a limit of five messages all over the world as of today.”

IMG-20180912-WA0030

Previously, a WhatsApp user could forward a message to 20 individuals or groups. The five-recipient limit expands globally a measure WhatsApp put into place in India in July after the spread of rumors on social media led to killings and lynching attempts.

Image result for Facebook's WhatsApp limits text forwards to five user to restrain false news

WhatsApp, which has around 1.5 billion users, has been trying to find ways to stop misuse of the app, following global concern that the platform was being used to spread fake news, manipulated photos, videos without context, and audio hoaxes, with no way to monitor their origin or full reach.

The app’s end-to-end encryption allows groups of hundreds of users to exchange texts, photos and video beyond the purview of independent fact checkers or even the platform itself.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Credit to Reuters for confirming the development through WhatsApp’s head of communications Carl Woog, stating that WhatsApp will roll out an update to activate the new forward limit starting Monday. adding that Android users will receive the update first, followed by users of Apple’s iOS.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Entertainment

R.Kelly cut off by Sony music over alleged acts of sexual abuse

Published

on

Chicago-born singer, R. Kelly has parted ways with Sony Music and its subsidiary label, RCA Records, amid controversies surrounding his alleged acts of sexual abuse.




The controversial singer, who is facing different allegations of abduction, sexual abuse and exploitation, was dropped by the record label on Friday.

R. Kelly was removed from the RCA Records website, whose parent company is Sony Music.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

This new development comes in the wake of calls and petitions from members of the #MuteRKelly movement, who have been pestering the record company to part ways with him.

The calls intensified in the wake of the documentary ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ in which multiple women accused him of sexual assault.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

This month has seen previous collaborators like Lady Gaga, Chance the Rapper, and Phoenix, all condemn R. Kelly and remove their collaborative songs from streaming services.

The documentary ‘Surviving R.Kelly’ is in six parts and gives detailed explanation into the history of allegations against the 52-year-old superstar.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved