Boy, 14, dies after being bitten by his venomous pet cobra

Share With Friends:

A teenager has died after being bitten by his venomous pet snake and begging for help on social media.

The boy, known only as “Aril”, was trying to take a photograph of his cobra when he was bitten on the arm.
The 14-year-old, from Bundung Regency in Indonesia’s West Java province, posted the first of two crucial pictures to his WhatsApp account at 9:50am.

In the photo, which was taken after Aril gave his snake a bath, shows the snake spreading its hood seconds before striking.

It was captioned “Why not smile a little.”
The second photo, taken four minutes later, showed blood on the boy’s right arm.

Image result for Boy, 14, dies after being bitten by his venomous pet cobra and begging for help from friends on WhatsApp

He attempted to tie a shoelace around his limb to stop the venom from spreading to the rest of his body.
“Between life and death” was the caption that came with the picture.

Speaking after he died, his mother, Neuis Marpuah, said: “Aril’s status wasn’t to boast [about his injury] but to ask his friends for help,” adding that her son had been at home alone at the time of the incident.

Reports said the boy later also wrote: “If anyone considers themselves my friend, please take me to the hospital.”

Image result for Boy, 14, dies after being bitten by his venomous pet cobra and begging for help from friends on WhatsApp

An hour later, he was taken to A&E but was pronounced dead at 10pm.

According to reports, Aril collected snakes and owned more than a dozen of the reptiles.

He was also an active member of a non-government organisation that arranged street performances involving the dangerous reptiles in order to raise money for charities helping victims of natural disasters.

Neuis said the boy’s dad was working abroad at the time of the accident.

Share With Friends: