Connect with us

Entertainment

Mr. Ugly contest: 43-year-old William Masvinu, wins his fourth title for being the ugliest man in zimbabwe (Photos)

Published

on

William Masvinu, a 43-year-old unemployed man has won his fourth title for being the ugliest man in Zimbabwe.

Image result for Mr. Ugly contest: 43-year-old wins his fourth title for being the ugliest man in Zimbabwe (See Photos)

Masvinu from Epworth, who had missed out on last year’s title earned 98 points to reclaim the title on Sunday night in Harare, beating Fanuel Musekiwa, 61, into second place. Musekiwa had scored four points than Mazvinu.

Previous winner of the contest, Mison Sere, could only land third place after making 91 points.

Related image

The latest Mr. Ugly, walked away with $500 plus a cow for winning the title. Fanuel Musekiwa, the second runner-up pocketed $200 while Maison Sere got $100 for coming up third.

In Masvinu’s words, “No one can dispute that I am the ugliest person in Zimbabwe,’ he said after winning the title.

Image result for Mr. Ugly contest: 43-year-old wins his fourth title for being the ugliest man in Zimbabwe (See Photos)

‘It was a tight competition since all the contestants were potential winners. Last time, complacency cost me a lot but this time I came well prepared for the contest and I am happy I have reclaimed my trophy’, adding that, I am proud of my ugliness as I was born ugly.’

Mr. Ugly contest: 43-year-old wins his fourth title for being the ugliest man in Zimbabwe (See Photos)

I now want to take my ugliness outside the country. If there is Mr. Ugly World, I am confident I will bring the crown to Zimbabwe,”.

Musekiwa who came second promised to work hard next year win the crown from Masvinu.

“I will be working hard on my looks and the way I present myself, come next year I am going to take over the crown,” he said.

Related image

Organiser of the pageant, David Machowa known as Apama, in his statement said he was happy with this year’s edition.

“This year’s event was bigger and better. It coincided with the braai festival where 14 000kg of meat

24 Hours Across Africa

Comedian ogusbaba shows off is new home in lekki.

Published

on

Nigerian comedian, Ogusbaba has joined the growing list of Nigerian entertainers that own houses in Lekki, Lagos state.

The overjoyed entertainer who shared photos of his new house in Lekki, also shared a photo of his old apartment in Enugu where he lived for 2 years. Ogusbaba said God made him go through that experience so he can appreciate all he has today.

He wrote;

“How can ogusbaba forget this house?this was the first rent I paid, a local warri boy on a mission to survive, I stayed in this house for 2years in Enugu, a roof made with carton, foundation made with wood,the room was so small you cant stretch ,the toilet no go area ,but staying in this house not just as a student but also as a comedian.it was very inspiring because I know it was just a temporary room, and God made me to pass through this house so I can tell my story and appreciate today. LORD IS GIVE U ALL THE GLORY”

Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

Rwanda ban Burundi,s music star ahead of annual festival

Published

on

Burundian musician Jean Pierre Nimbona, popularly known as Kidum, has told the BBC he is confused by Rwanda’s decision to ban him from playing at the upcoming Kigali Jazz Fusion festival.

Kidum is one of Burundi’s biggest music stars and has performed in Rwanda for the past 16 years.

But a police official phoned the musician’s manager to warn that he would only be allowed to make private visits to Rwanda.

“[My manager was told] Kidum is not supposed to perform, tell him to leave. If he comes for private visits fine, but no performances,” the musician told BBC’s Focus on Africa radio programme.

The mayor of Rwanda’s capital said that in this instance permission had not been sought from the authorities for him to perform at the festival in Kigali.

Kidum was a leading peace activist during Burundi’s civil war between 1993 and 2003 and used his songs to call for reconciliation.

The 44-year-old musician said he had never had problems with Rwandan authorities until recently when three of his shows were cancelled at the last minute – including one in December 2018.

That month Burundi had banned Meddy, a musician who is half-Burundian, half-Rwandan, from performing in the main city of Bujumbura.

Kidum said he was unsure if the diplomatic tensions between Burundi and Rwanda had influenced his ban.

“I don’t know, I don’t have any evidence about that. And if there was politics, I’m not a player in politics, I’m just a freelance musician based in Nairobi,” he said.

He said he would not challenge the ban: “There’s nothing I can do, I just wait until maybe the decision is changed some day.

“It’s similar to a family house and you are denied entry… so you just have to wait maybe until the head of the family decides otherwise.”

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved