page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Ghana police hunts for fugitives after deadly jailbreak at district HQ.

Published

on

Police in Ghana are still hunting for armed robbers who attacked a district police headquarters in the capital killing an officer and freeing persons held in the facility.

A statement from the police said contrary to media reports that the fugitives had been arrested, they were still engaged in active pursuit of the criminals who attacked the Kwabenya District Police Headquarters.

Local media reported that the police heirachy visited the scene of the incident where there were bloodstains. Officers at the post reports added remained in a state of shock following the incident.

The country’s police chief, Inspector General of Police David IGP David Asante Apietu, Director of General operations, Dr. Dampare, Acting Director General, CIDDCOP Maame Yaa Tiwari Addo Danquah and DCOP George Mensah visited the scene.

A police release said the escapees consisted of six Ghanaians and a Nigerian. There are no reports of how many armed robbers were involved in the attack that ended up freeing the seven. They have shared photos of the seven people and asked the public to volunteer any information that could lead to their arrest.

Ghana is a relatively stable country in a West African region threatened by terrorists. The country’s security concerns are however mounting.

Police recently intercepted explosives of varied species in a suburb of the capital, Accra. “Three persons (names withheld) have also been arrested in connection with the intercepted explosives and are in police custody.

“Police is investigating the matter in coordination with the relevant agencies and therefore assures the public to remain calm. Police is continually working to ensure public safety,” a police statement said.

In an update on the particular topic police said in a tweet: “Suspects Ismaila Ali Musah, Abdul Karim Yakubu and Osman Hassan have been remanded by an Accra District Court to reappear on 30th January, 2018. They have been charged with the offence of possession of explosives.”

Motherland News

Nigeria: Council of State reaches final pegs new minimum wage at 27,000

Published

on

The National Council of State presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the sum of N27,000 as the new minimum wage.



The national council approved the sum during an ongoing meeting at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The meeting had in attendance former presidents like Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan and the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, among others.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nollywood actor, Ishow Larry is dead

Published

on

Nollywood actor, Adewale Olarenwaju fondly called ‘Ishow Larry’ has been announced dead.




Ishow Larry was said to have been briefly ill before he suddenly died on January 21, 2019.

A friend, Olatubosun Abegunde, lamented his demise on Facebook.

Late Ishow Larry began his career as a makeup artist in the industry before becoming an actor and produced his own movies including “Ole“, “Agbara” and others.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

He wrote: “Its so sadden to announce the death of this my troublesome friend Olanrewaju Ishow Larry … The Producer of OLE and many more … He featured in one of my Movies, Oje Laye … Heaven knows I can’t stop mourning over your death .. May Your Gentle Soul Rest In Perfect Peace..”

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved