page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

136 NIGERIAN RETURNEES FROM LIBYA ARRIVE PORT HARCOURT.

Published

on

The fifth batch of 136 Nigerian returnees from Libya arrived Port Harcourt International Airport in the early hours of Tuesday, Mr Martins Ejike, South-South Zonal Coordinator, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), has said.

Ejike, represented by Mr Ebhodaghe Eric, NEMA Chief Administrative Officer, received the returnees who arrived aboard Med-View Airline 5N-MAB at about 1.10 a.m.

“They are all intact, except one of them who we are taking to the hospital with the ambulance to find out why she is unstable,” he said.

Ejike said that few returnees in the fourth batch were still left at the centre, adding that they are from Osun and Ekiti states.

He appealed to concerned state governments to hasten the process of picking their indigenes.

Ejike said the agency would contact state governors for prompt evacuation of the returnees from the fifth batch in the Port Harcourt centre.

Joy Job, one of the returnees, thanked the Federal Government for rescuing them and fulfilling its promise of bringing Nigerians home.

Job described her experience in Libya as “horrible, sorrowful and unforgettable.’’

She said that she was sold into slavery by a Nigerian who told her that he found a hair dressing work for her in Kano, not knowing that she had been sold into slavery to another Nigerian living in Libya.

Nigerians are selling fellow Nigerians into slavery in Libya; we are sold from one person to another, Libya people will buy us from our people and use us for any kind of work they like.

“I did not know that where I was in Kano was a boundary between Nigeria and another country until I saw myself surrounded with gun.

“My abductors told me that if I did not agree to go to Libya, they will kill me, so I had no option than to agree with them.

” They gave us Nigerian account numbers to pay in the money they charged us before they freed us from their custody,” she said.

Job advised Nigerian youths still nursing the idea of travelling out of the country illegally to drop it and manage life with whatever they see in the country.

She appealed to the Federal Government to continue with the evacuation in order to save many Nigerians who were still in different prisons and camps in Libya.

Motherland News

Nigerian President Buhari Warns Ballot box snatchers to value their lives

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has warned those planning to snatch ballot boxes during the elections to desist or pay with his or her life if caught.



President Buhari who stated this at the opening session of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Caucus meeting in Abuja, on Monday, said that such act would be the last unlawful act the person will be brought to book.

Meanwhile, the governors of Imo, Rochas Okorocha and Ogun, Ibikunle Amosun were conspicuously absent at the meeting.

 IMG-20180912-WA0030

Buhari who said he is confident that he has garnered enough supporters having gone round the country to campaign, urged party members to reassure their constituents to come out and vote on the rescheduled dates.

While urging party agents to watch out for the party interests at the polling units the president said that he has directed security agencies to identify hot spots and be ready to move should they suspect any attempts to cause problems by thugs across the country irrespective of party affiliations.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

– Vanguard

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

DR Congo blame Unending Ebola Outbreak on Violence , Community Mistrust.

Published

on

DR Congo Ministry of Health spokesperson Jessica Ilunga has declared that violence and community mistrust have continued to hamper all efforts to control and end the fresh Ebola outbreak, which started Aug. 1.



Though according to the World Health Organization the number of new Ebola cases has dropped slightly in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as there are 33% fewer cases to date in February compared with the same time period in December per STAT’s Helen Branswell, but some experts warn Axios that there remain signs that this outbreak is far from over.

Meanwhile, some experts warn that, that doesn’t mean the world’s second-largest Ebola outbreak on record is yet under control, and in fact it could simply be moving to new areas of the sprawling country.

 IMG-20180912-WA0030

Johns Hopkins’ public health expert Jennifer Nuzzo maintains there are several reasons people should continue to view this outbreak as a cause for concern.

However, Nuzzo said Congo needs more than money from the international community and the U.S. in particular. Safety concerns have largely caused the CDC to limit its Ebola experts to the capital city of Kinshasa, where some have returned after being evacuated during an uptick in election-related violence, Nuzzo added that Now is the time for the U.S. to send them into the field.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved