page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Uganda’s ADF rebels behind attacks on UN soldiers in Congo.

Published

on

A Congo-based Ugandan rebel group is to blame for three attacks on United Nations peacekeepers, including one in December that killed 15 Tanzanian troops, the United Nations said on Friday.

The Dec. 8 attack, which also killed five Congolese soldiers and wounded another 53 peacekeepers, on a U.N. base in the Democratic Republic of Congo’s troubled eastern borderlands came amid a rising wave of violence in the mineral-rich area.

A special U.N. inquiry also looked at two other attacks on Tanzanian peacekeepers, on Sept. 16 and Oct. 7, 2017.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The investigation concluded “the three attacks against the U.N. peacekeepers were carried out using a similar modus operandi and that all available evidence points to the ADF as the attacker,” the United Nations said in a statement.

The U.N. peacekeeping mission, known as MONUSCO, is still searching for one peacekeeper missing after the Dec. 8 attack.

The ADF has operated inside Congo since the 1990s. Congolese and U.N. troops have conducted repeated offensives against it, but the group always managed to bounce back. It is considered one of the most lethal of Congo’s dozens of armed bands.

The U.N. investigation“found a number of gaps in the training and posture of MONUSCO.”

“The mission did not have an actionable contingency plan to reinforce and extract its peacekeepers,” the U.N. said. “Issues of command-and-control, leadership and lack of essential enablers such as aviation, engineers and intelligence were also major obstacles and need to be addressed urgently.”

Congo and Uganda launched an offensive against the ADF in January that the United Nations warned last month could force nearly 370,000 people from their homes.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Motherland News

Madagascar presidential election credibility in doubt as electoral body face charges.

Published

on

Madagascar’s presidential election result is likely to face stiff legal challenges, following accusations of electoral fraud and corruption against the electoral body.

Report says appeals have already been lodged with the country’s High Constitutional Court.



Madagascar’s electoral commission announced results on Saturday, confirming an expected presidential election run-off after neither of the candidate obtained the 50% of votes needed to win outrightly.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

According to the Independent electoral commission, former presidents Andry Rajoelina and Marc Ravalomanana, will contest the second round having secured 39.19% and 35.29% respectively.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The outgoing president Hery Rajaonarimampianina, placed third in the polls with only 8.84% of the vote.

The commission said turnout was 54. 3%.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigeria: Akwa Ibom PDP alleges APC thugs put House of Assembly under heavy attack.

Published

on

The Peoples Democratic Party, on Monday, alleged that the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly premises was attacked by thugs, suspected to be working for the opposition party.



In a tweet on its verified Twitter handle @OfficialPDPNig shared a photo and said, “the thugs allegedly invaded the complex, chanting the slogan “APC! Change” as they set fire and blocked the entrance to the Assembly complex.”

IMG-20180912-WA0030

The Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly (AKHA), premises is under heavy attack by members of @OfficialAPCNgthugs. The thugs invaded the complex, chanting the slogan “APC! Change” as they set fire and blocked the entrance to the Assembly complex #AkHAUnderattack pic.twitter.com/5R8sMhC7RU

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved