page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Ethiopian Airlines dispatches all-female crew in historic Argentina flight

Published

on

Ethiopian Airlines scores another all-female flight crew as it expands its global footprint to the Argentine capital, Buenos Aires – its first such flight.

The flight takes off on the occasion of the International Women’s Day and according to the Addis Standard news portal the crew will be operating the B787 Dreamliner from Addis Ababa to Buenos Aires.

It is not the first time Africa’s top flier has dispatched an all women crew. In December 2017, they made history by sending one such team on an intra-Africa trip from Addis Ababa to Lagos.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

An all-women team means the entire flight management team comprised of women: from the pilots and cabin crew to in-flight ramp operations as well as flight dispatchers on the ground.

Before last year’s Addis Ababa – Lagos flight, Ethiopian had in late 2015, dispatched a similar crew that flew passengers from Addis Ababa to the Thai capital, Bangkok.

At the time, Captain Amsale Gualu and co-pilot, Selam Tesfaye were handed the task of flying the crew and passengers. The historic nature of the mission lit up the face of Tesfaye who said she was happy to be part of the feat. ‘Its a legendary day for Ethiopian Airlines,’ she stressed.

They are the first operators on the continent to take delivery of the Boeing 787-9 dreamliner. The airline currently flies to over 50 African cities in what is the largest network by a national carrier.

Two major decisions made recently by the carrier include switching fully to digital processes in its operations and also the provision of free Wi-Fi access for travellers using its main hub, the Bole International Airport in the capital Addis Ababa.

Ethiopian – a member of the Star Alliance group in its seven decades of operation has become one of the continent’s leading carriers in terms of efficiency and operational success.

They command the lion’s share of the pan-African passenger and cargo network operating the youngest and most modern fleet to 95 international destinations across five continents.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Motherland News

Nigerian President Buhari Warns Ballot box snatchers to value their lives

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has warned those planning to snatch ballot boxes during the elections to desist or pay with his or her life if caught.



President Buhari who stated this at the opening session of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Caucus meeting in Abuja, on Monday, said that such act would be the last unlawful act the person will be brought to book.

Meanwhile, the governors of Imo, Rochas Okorocha and Ogun, Ibikunle Amosun were conspicuously absent at the meeting.

 IMG-20180912-WA0030

Buhari who said he is confident that he has garnered enough supporters having gone round the country to campaign, urged party members to reassure their constituents to come out and vote on the rescheduled dates.

While urging party agents to watch out for the party interests at the polling units the president said that he has directed security agencies to identify hot spots and be ready to move should they suspect any attempts to cause problems by thugs across the country irrespective of party affiliations.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

– Vanguard

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

DR Congo blame Unending Ebola Outbreak on Violence , Community Mistrust.

Published

on

DR Congo Ministry of Health spokesperson Jessica Ilunga has declared that violence and community mistrust have continued to hamper all efforts to control and end the fresh Ebola outbreak, which started Aug. 1.



Though according to the World Health Organization the number of new Ebola cases has dropped slightly in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as there are 33% fewer cases to date in February compared with the same time period in December per STAT’s Helen Branswell, but some experts warn Axios that there remain signs that this outbreak is far from over.

Meanwhile, some experts warn that, that doesn’t mean the world’s second-largest Ebola outbreak on record is yet under control, and in fact it could simply be moving to new areas of the sprawling country.

 IMG-20180912-WA0030

Johns Hopkins’ public health expert Jennifer Nuzzo maintains there are several reasons people should continue to view this outbreak as a cause for concern.

However, Nuzzo said Congo needs more than money from the international community and the U.S. in particular. Safety concerns have largely caused the CDC to limit its Ebola experts to the capital city of Kinshasa, where some have returned after being evacuated during an uptick in election-related violence, Nuzzo added that Now is the time for the U.S. to send them into the field.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved