page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Cameroon advertise national football coach position

Published

on

The normalisation committee running Cameroon’s football federation (Fecafoot) has advertised the vacancy for head coach of the national team.

The position became vacant after embattled coach Hugo Broos who led the Indomitable Lions to the 2017 Nations Cup triumph, left at the end of his contract last month.

Hugo Broos left after he failed to lead the African champions to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. He was also accused of falling out with several players and refusing to take up residence in Cameroon.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Consequently, the requirements for the new coach reflect some of the perceived failings of the Belgian coach who won and lost the hearts of football loving Cameroonians.

Fecafoot seeks a top local or foreign coach, who has a ‘good record and has won national or international titles as a player, club or national coach’.

Applicants for the position must also be ready to live in Cameroon.

More requirements for the position include;

  • Holds a national or foreign trainer diploma obtained as a result of coaching (Federal License A, CAF License, UEFA License, Professional License or any other equivalent recognised diploma)

  • Must be of good character

  • Must be physically fit and in obvious good health

  • Must have a good experience at top professional clubs or national team

  • Must have a good record (national or international titles won as a player or club coach or national coach.)

  • A good knowledge of African football

  • Be willing to reside permanently in Cameroon during the duration of the contract

  • Have a good knowledge of computer tools (Word, Powerpoint, Excel software etc.)

  • Have a great capacity for adaptation and ability to work in a team

  • Have a perfect command of the French or English language

  • Have a good contact in the professional football community

The five time African champions also announced that Alexandre Belinga will take interim charge of the national team as the search for a permanent coach continues.

Those who believe they fit the bill are invited to submit their applications at the Fecafoot secretariat in Yaounde or via email before the 24 March deadline.

A shortlist of three candidates will be finalised by an appointed commission, before a successful coach and assistants will be announced.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

 

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Motherland News

Nigerian President Buhari Warns Ballot box snatchers to value their lives

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has warned those planning to snatch ballot boxes during the elections to desist or pay with his or her life if caught.



President Buhari who stated this at the opening session of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Caucus meeting in Abuja, on Monday, said that such act would be the last unlawful act the person will be brought to book.

Meanwhile, the governors of Imo, Rochas Okorocha and Ogun, Ibikunle Amosun were conspicuously absent at the meeting.

 IMG-20180912-WA0030

Buhari who said he is confident that he has garnered enough supporters having gone round the country to campaign, urged party members to reassure their constituents to come out and vote on the rescheduled dates.

While urging party agents to watch out for the party interests at the polling units the president said that he has directed security agencies to identify hot spots and be ready to move should they suspect any attempts to cause problems by thugs across the country irrespective of party affiliations.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

– Vanguard

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

DR Congo blame Unending Ebola Outbreak on Violence , Community Mistrust.

Published

on

DR Congo Ministry of Health spokesperson Jessica Ilunga has declared that violence and community mistrust have continued to hamper all efforts to control and end the fresh Ebola outbreak, which started Aug. 1.



Though according to the World Health Organization the number of new Ebola cases has dropped slightly in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as there are 33% fewer cases to date in February compared with the same time period in December per STAT’s Helen Branswell, but some experts warn Axios that there remain signs that this outbreak is far from over.

Meanwhile, some experts warn that, that doesn’t mean the world’s second-largest Ebola outbreak on record is yet under control, and in fact it could simply be moving to new areas of the sprawling country.

 IMG-20180912-WA0030

Johns Hopkins’ public health expert Jennifer Nuzzo maintains there are several reasons people should continue to view this outbreak as a cause for concern.

However, Nuzzo said Congo needs more than money from the international community and the U.S. in particular. Safety concerns have largely caused the CDC to limit its Ebola experts to the capital city of Kinshasa, where some have returned after being evacuated during an uptick in election-related violence, Nuzzo added that Now is the time for the U.S. to send them into the field.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved