page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Argentinian Police: Addicted Rats blamed Over Loss Of 540kg Of Cannabis.

Published

on

rat story

Police inspectors in Pilar, Argentina’s Buenos Aires province, were recently questioned about the disappearance of 540 kg of marijuana from the evidence room, and the best explanation they could come up with was that addicted rats ate it all.

It all started in April 2017, when Commissioner Emilio Portero relieved his partner Javier Specia, as head of the police department in Pilar, a town located 60 km from the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires.

Protocol dictates that in the case of such a transfer of command, a sort of inventory of everything left in the hands of his successor by the officer who is transferred to another unit be signed. Although the inventory was allegedly conducted, it was never signed by Specia, which made Portero suspicious.

He notified the Division of Internal Affairs of the Police, which in turn tasked the National Gendarmerie with conducting an official inventory.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

After checking everything in the evidence room, the National Gendarmerie reported that of the 6,000 kg of marijuana mentioned in Specia’s paper of transfer, 540 kg were unaccounted for. Judge Adrián González Charvay opened an investigation and cited Commissioner Javier Specia and three of his subordinates to testify about the missing drugs. Interestingly, they all offered the same alibi – that the 540 kg of marijuana had all been consumed by rats.

Internal Affairs conducted another investigation to check the truthfulness of their claims, but didn’t find any evidence that might suggest that the rats were indeed responsible for the disappearance of such a large quantity of drugs.

“The drugs were in a state of absolute dryness, since they were in storage for about two years, which forced us to investigate if a rodent invasion could have eaten so much marijuana, but the experts consulted concluded that that was very unlikely because if it had happened, the mice would have died, and no animal carcasses were detected in the room,” investigators said in a statement.

The lack of evidence regarding a rat infestation and Commissioner Specia’s conveniently missing signed inventory statement for last year convinced the judge to go ahead with the case. So far, they have not been brought to book neither have they faced any disciplinary action, but Specia and his subordinates are due in federal court next month.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Motherland News

Families Identify Church Collapse Victims in Anguish

Published

on

Tears and anguish characterized the atmosphere as the grieving families of 13 worshipers killed in a church collapse arrived at the Richards Bay mortuary to identify the bodies of their loved ones.

The worshipers died when a wall collapsed at the Pentecostal Holiness Church near Empangeni in northern KwaZulu-Natal last Thursday night.

The KwaZulu-Natal Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs Department co-ordinated with various departments including health, home affairs and the police, to assist in speeding up the body identification process.

Six worshippers were from Ulundi, four from eSikhawini and three from Maqwakazi in uMlalazi.

Describing the collapse, Phumelele Simelane from eSikhawini said worshippers had just had their evening meal and were preparing to sleep when the wall caved in.

Simelane was with her 6-year-old son, who is recovering in hospital. She said she came to the mortuary to support congregants whose relatives died.

The Mthembu family, who lost grandmother Thembi Mthabela, 54, and Andiswa Mthembu, 10, in the tragedy were overcome with grief.

“Thembi loved going to church and she always took Andiswa with her. Andiswa was doing Grade 3 at Nyathini Primary School. As a family, we are very traumatised and it is hard for us,” said a relative, who did not wanted to be named.

Buhle Mzila, whose sister Samke, 33, died, said the family had lost a breadwinner.

Samke, who worked at the Ulundi Municipality, was with her 9-year-old daughter during the incident.

Buhle said her niece, who was in hospital, was in a state of shock about her mother’s death.

“Samke loved the church, she always made sure she attended every service. She played a big role in terms of assisting the family. We are still going to feel her absence,” said Buhle.

A sobbing Mbongeni Langa said his mother had died in a “place she loved”.

The memorial service will be held tomorrow

Continue Reading

Motherland News

CAF Sidelines Nigerian Centre Referees for 2019 AFCON

Published

on

Out of the Twenty-seven centre referees penciled down for the 2019 African Cup of Nations, countries like Burundi, Mali, Zambia and Sudan are represented on the list, but no Nigerian referee was selected for the big occasions.

However, only one assistant referee from Nigeria named Baba Adel was listed among the twenty-nine assistant referees selected by the African Football Governing Body.

The competition will be held from 21 June to 19 July 2019, as per the decision of the CAF Executive Committee on 20 July 2017.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved