page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Zambia: Mwape Becomes New Shepolopolo Coach

Published

on

Bruce Mwape

Veteran trainer Bruce Mwape has been appointed head coach of Zambia senior women’s national team barely few weeks to next month’s crucial qualifier against Zimbabwe.

Mwape takes over from long-serving coach Albert Kachinga who has returned to club football, joining the technical bench of local side, Buildcon.

“The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has with immediate effect appointed former Nchanga Rangers coach Bruce Mwape as Zambia women’s national team coach,” FAZ spokesperson Desmond Katongo said.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

 His first official assignment with Shepolopolo will be against Zimbabwe next month in the final round qualifier for the Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations Ghana 2018. The Zambians host Zimbabwe in the first leg on June 6 before travelling to Harare four days later.

A renowned coach, Mwape previously served as Assistant Coach with the Zambia U-23 in 2012, and the U-17 four years later. With over 20 years of experience, he won the league title with Nchanga Rangers as an assistant coach in 1998.

He has had two stints at the helm of Nchanga Rangers, the first one in 2009 when he guided the Chingola club back to the topflight following their demotion in 2008. His second stint was from 2016 to 2017. Konkola Mine Police and Roan United count among his former employers.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Motherland News

Protest leader arrested, charged with inciting violence in Zimbabwe.

Published

on

Armed police in Zimbabwe have arrested a political activist at his home on Wednesday, his lawyer said.

It comes as protests against fuel price hikes enters day 3 Wednesday. Evan Mawarire, a Harare pastor, rose to prominence as a critic of former leader, Robert Mugabe.

Beatrice Mtetwa is lawyer for Evan Mawarire.



Businesses and schools remain closed while mobile telecom networks enforce a government internet shut down in this Southern African nation.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

“I cannot say the stay away has been successful but at the end of the day we await to hear what the government will do because the people have spoken, they were not happy and up to now they are still in fear”, said Harare resident, Ronald Gwasira.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“The way it looks people want to go to work but unfortunately it seems the transport operators are not willing to take them”, said Terrence Gumbi, another resident.

Wednesday is the third and final day of stay-at-home protests called by unions in response to the steep hike in fuel prices.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Kenya: Uhuru Kenyata promises avenge terror attack in Nirobi.

Published

on

Kenyan security forces have neutralised all four terrorists involved in the attack on a hotel complex in the capital Nairobi, President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Wednesday.

Kenyatta said about 700 people had been safely evacuated, vowed to avenge the 14 “innocent” lives lost.



“We are a nation that never forgets those who hurt our children. We will pursue relentlessly those involved in the planning and execution of this attack,” the president said.

‘‘I take note of Kenyans who took to social media to spread hope and criticise false information. You have shown the world bravery, patriotism and love.’‘

IMG-20180912-WA0030

he attack in numbers

  • 14 civilians confirmed dead

  • 700 people safely evacuated

  • 4 attackers neutralised

Victims

An earlier estimate put the death toll at 15.

Timeline of the attack

  • Tuesday 3pm (local time): Attack on dusitD2 hotel begins with two explosions

  • Tuesday 5:55pm: Al Shabaab claims responsibility

  • Tuesday night: AU, EU, UN, United States, Somalia condemn the attack

  • Tuesday night : Police announces it has secured 7 out of eight floors

  • Wednesday 6am: Gunshots ring out as police say at least two groups of people still trapped inside complex

  • Wednesday 8am: President Kenyatta declares terror attack and security operation ‘over’.

  • TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
    WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved