page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Zinedine Zidane walk away from Madrid after third UCL

Published

on

Zizou

Zinedine Zidane says he is stepping down as Real Madrid boss, five days after leading them to a third straight Champions League triumph, claiming the club needs “a different voice”.

Zidane told a news conference that “everything changes” and “that’s why I took this decision”.

He leaves having guided the Spanish club to three successive Champions League titles and one La Liga success since taking over in January 2016.

“I love this club,” he added.

“What I think is that this team needs to continue winning but I think it needs a change, a different voice, another methodology. And that’s why I took this decision.”

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Zidane, 45, took over after Rafael Benitez was sacked and was in charge for 149 games. He steered Real to 104 wins and 29 draws, had 69.8% win rate, and won nine trophies.

He said in February that he would walk away if he felt “there is nothing more to give”.

However, the timing of his announcement still came as a shock just days after Real beat Liverpool 3-1 in the Champions League final.

“It’s a strange moment to do so, I know, but an important one too,” he added on Thursday. “I had to do this for everyone.”

Real are looking for their fourth manager in five years.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has been linked with Real in the past. The Argentine signed a new five-year contract at Spurs last week.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri could also come into the frame, while Arsene Wenger wants to carry on in management after leaving Arsenal after 22 years in charge.

The decision on who will manage Real next will be made by club president Florentino Perez.

He accompanied Zidane at the news conference and said Zidane’s exit was “totally unexpected”.

“Zidane informed me of his choice yesterday. I thank him for the work he has done,” added Perez.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Crime

Kenyan Bishop Bags 75 Years Jail Term For Defiling Three Girls

Published

on

A bishop accused of defiling three girls he was living with at an orphanage, infecting one of them with HIV has now sentenced to 75 years in prison.



Kisumu Resident Magistrate Pauline Mbulika found him guilty of three counts of defilement and deliberate transmission of HIV.

Joseph Agutu had promised to sponsor the minors before he started defiling them.

Agutu who hid his face from the cameras as police escorted him out of the solitary cell to Kodiaga Maximum Prison, had maintained his innocence throughout the proceedings.

He was charged with committing the crime against the girls between April and July 2016. One of the girls is aged 14 while two are 15 years old.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

The court heard that the accused intentionally committed the crime and deliberately infected one of the minors with HIV.

The accused also reportedly touched the girls inappropriately on various dates between April and July 12, 2016. In addition, Agutu also faced an alternative charge of touching the private parts of the minors.

Four prosecution witnesses pointed an accusing finger to the Bishop with the minors recounting the sexual encounters that the man subjected them to.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

One of the minors who is an orphan painfully narrated to the court how the bishop lured her and her grandmother to the trap.

“My grandmother brought me to him and he promised to sponsor my education. My grandmother went back home and left me with him at the church,” said the minor.

After a while, she told the court, the bishop defiled her and called the other girl and defiled them too as she slept on the floor. She said they were crying throughout the ordeal.

The court heard that the following morning the bishop refused to allow them to go to school but instead ordered them to go to church.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Crime

Sex in car in Nigeria public places not a crime – NPF

Published

on

The Nigeria Police has stated that having sex in a car in public places is not a crime.




The force through ACP Abayomi Shogunle who is in charge of Nigeria Police Public Complaint Response Unit (PPCRU) stated this on his official Twitter page.

According to Abayomi Shogunle, having sex in a car in a public place is not a crime.

He, however, stated conditions where the parties can be arrested for having sex in public place.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

He wrote: “NO. Sex in a car in a public place is not a crime in Nigeria provided; 1. Location is not a place of worship.

2. Parties are 18 yrs+

3. The act is consensual (agreed to by parties)

4. Parties are of the opposite sex if threatened with an arrest over above, please contact the police.”

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved