page contents
Connect with us

News

Russia 2018: Salah to lead team against Uruguay.

Published

on

Egypt’s national team arrived in Russia led by their star player, Mohamed Salah, on Sunday ahead of their first match against Uruguay on Friday.

The Egyptian delegation had been cheered by their fans at a final training session on Saturday night in the capital Cairo, before flying to the Grozny International Airport in Russia.



Fans who wished the players and coaching staff farewell, assured the national team of their support and sent them off to Russia with the message: “When You Say the Pharaohs, the world must get up and listen.”

Liverpool forward, Salah, who is instrumental in the Egyptian set up did not participate in the training, but says he is confident that he will play role in the game against Uruguay.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“Now I’m feeling better,” Salah told the Spanish daily. “I’m hopeful of being able to play in our first game, but this will depend on how I feel when the day comes around.”

The 25-year-old has not played since he injured his righ shoulder in the first half of Liverpool’s 3-1 defeat to Real Madrid in last month’s Champions League final.

Salah, who scored 44 goals for Liverpool this season, spent around 45 minutes walking round Cairo’s national stadium in front of around 2,000 supporters but did not train with the rest of the squad.

The Pharaohs will take on the South American nation, before meeting the hosts Russia on June 19 and Saudi Arabia on June 25.

Salah believes the team has got what it takes to get past the group stages.

“We’ve got a great team and a great coach. We want to get into the next round and do things well there,” he added.

He also attempted to downplay the effect of his absence on the performance of the team. Egypt has struggled to get results in games that did not feature Salah including a 2-2 draw against Kuwait in May, a goalless draw against Colombia and a 3-0 defeat to Belgium in June.

“We’re strong as a group, we all have the same objective, which is to win and that’s the most important thing. We don’t just have one strong point, but the main thing is we play together as a group.

Egypt last played at the World Cup 28 years ago, where they exited at the group stages after draws with Netherlands and Republic of Ireland and a 1-0 loss to England.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

News

Facebook’s WhatsApp limits text forwards to five user to restrain false news

Published

on

Facebook Inc’s WhatsApp (FB.O) messenger service company executives has stated their desire in globally limiting the number of times a user can farward a message to five, in a bid to fight “misinformation and rumors”.



Victoria Grand, vice president for policy and communications at WhatsApp, said at an event in the Indonesian capital, “We’re imposing a limit of five messages all over the world as of today.”

IMG-20180912-WA0030

Previously, a WhatsApp user could forward a message to 20 individuals or groups. The five-recipient limit expands globally a measure WhatsApp put into place in India in July after the spread of rumors on social media led to killings and lynching attempts.

Image result for Facebook's WhatsApp limits text forwards to five user to restrain false news

WhatsApp, which has around 1.5 billion users, has been trying to find ways to stop misuse of the app, following global concern that the platform was being used to spread fake news, manipulated photos, videos without context, and audio hoaxes, with no way to monitor their origin or full reach.

The app’s end-to-end encryption allows groups of hundreds of users to exchange texts, photos and video beyond the purview of independent fact checkers or even the platform itself.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Credit to Reuters for confirming the development through WhatsApp’s head of communications Carl Woog, stating that WhatsApp will roll out an update to activate the new forward limit starting Monday. adding that Android users will receive the update first, followed by users of Apple’s iOS.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Entertainment

R.Kelly cut off by Sony music over alleged acts of sexual abuse

Published

on

Chicago-born singer, R. Kelly has parted ways with Sony Music and its subsidiary label, RCA Records, amid controversies surrounding his alleged acts of sexual abuse.




The controversial singer, who is facing different allegations of abduction, sexual abuse and exploitation, was dropped by the record label on Friday.

R. Kelly was removed from the RCA Records website, whose parent company is Sony Music.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

This new development comes in the wake of calls and petitions from members of the #MuteRKelly movement, who have been pestering the record company to part ways with him.

The calls intensified in the wake of the documentary ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ in which multiple women accused him of sexual assault.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

This month has seen previous collaborators like Lady Gaga, Chance the Rapper, and Phoenix, all condemn R. Kelly and remove their collaborative songs from streaming services.

The documentary ‘Surviving R.Kelly’ is in six parts and gives detailed explanation into the history of allegations against the 52-year-old superstar.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved