page contents
Connect with us

News

Suicide attack leaves 12 dead, 31 injured in Kabul.

Published

on

At least 12 people were killed and 31 wounded when a suicide attacker blew himself up outside a government ministry in Kabul on Monday, officials said, as employees were leaving their offices early for Ramadan.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the latest attack in the Afghan capital, but it comes a day before the government’s ceasefire with the Taliban is expected to start.



Health ministry spokesman Waheed Majroh said at least 12 people were killed and 31 wounded in the explosion that happened at the main gate of the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development.

Employees were gathered at the entrance of the compound waiting for a bus to take them home when the suicide bomber blew himself up among the crowd, said rural ministry spokesman Faridoon Azhand, who was inside the building at the time.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“Unfortunately we have lost some colleagues,” Azhand told AFP.

Police spokesman Hashmat Stanikzai confirmed at least 12 people had been killed, including women, and another 20 wounded.

Employees were leaving their offices at 1:00 pm (0830 GMT) due to the holy month of Ramadan, when most Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset, when the suicide attacker struck.

Employees inside the ministry at the time of the attack confirmed hearing a blast.

“An explosion happened at the exit gate of the ministry,” Daud Naimi, director of the communications department at the ministry, told AFP.

“I was in my office when I heard a big blast,” another employee told AFP.

“Most of my colleagues were leaving for the day to go home. I am worried about my colleagues. We are told to stay inside for now.”

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on Thursday announced security forces would halt hostilities with the Taliban for a week.

It would last from the “27th of Ramadan until the fifth day of Eid-al-Fitr”, he said, indicating it could run from June 12-19.

The Taliban said Saturday their fighters would stop attacking Afghan security forces, but only for the first three days of Eid, the holiday capping Ramadan.

It is the first time the militants have agreed to suspend fighting since the 2001 US invasion, and the move was largely welcomed by war-weary Afghans.

Afghan security forces and the Taliban have vowed to retaliate if attacked during the ceasefire.

The militants have also said their ceasefire does not extend to US-led NATO forces, while Kabul said operations against foreign fighters including the Islamic State group will continue.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Crime

Sex in car in Nigeria public places not a crime – NPF

Published

on

The Nigeria Police has stated that having sex in a car in public places is not a crime.




The force through ACP Abayomi Shogunle who is in charge of Nigeria Police Public Complaint Response Unit (PPCRU) stated this on his official Twitter page.

According to Abayomi Shogunle, having sex in a car in a public place is not a crime.

He, however, stated conditions where the parties can be arrested for having sex in public place.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

He wrote: “NO. Sex in a car in a public place is not a crime in Nigeria provided; 1. Location is not a place of worship.

2. Parties are 18 yrs+

3. The act is consensual (agreed to by parties)

4. Parties are of the opposite sex if threatened with an arrest over above, please contact the police.”

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Crime

Armed group killed Nine in Congo’s troubled eastern region of Beni

Published

on



The ADF is a group that arose in western Uganda in 1995 under the leadership of Jamil Mukulu, a Christian-turned-Muslim.

It has been blamed for recruiting and using child soldiers, killing hundreds of civilians since 2014, as well as 15 Tanzanian peacekeepers who died in an attack in December 2017.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

News agency said that United Nation has disclosed that the violence has mitigate efforts to roll back an outbreak of Ebola virus in eastern Congo DR, and also predicted that the issue could hamstring efforts to hold presidential and legislative elections in the region on December 23.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved