page contents
Connect with us

Crime

Egyptian: 18 alleged anti-coup supporters bags jail terms.

Published

on

Egypt

An Egyptian military court on Tuesday reportedly handed prison terms to 16 alleged anti-coup supporters for criminal offenses.

In a statement, defense committee member Khalid Al-Misri said the northern Cairo court sentenced 16 people to 25 years after convicting them of “attacking public institutions and forming an armed bandit group” between 2013 and 2014 while another two defendants were each handed 15-year jail terms for the same offenses.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

In the same case, 37 people were acquitted due to a lack of evidence, according to Misri.

Egypt has remained roiled by turmoil since the army ousted and imprisoned Mohamed Morsi, the country’s first freely elected president, in a 2013 military coup.

Since then, hundreds of people have been sentenced to death or lengthy prison terms after being convicted of acts of violence.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

-AA

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Crime

Ex-President Abdulla yameen apprehended for corruption in Maldives

Published

on

Formal President Abdulla Yameen has been accuse of money laundering and the state court has ordered for his arrest adding that he will remain in the state custody until the end of the trial.



Police says Abdulla Yameen has refuse to return the money despite anti-corruption watchdog intervention, and instead he fax in the money to another account which he obtained profit.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

The 59-year-old was charged with money laundering last week over claims he received $1m, stolen from state coffers in the country’s biggest-ever corruption scandal.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

In December, the police said authorities froze Yameen’s bank accounts and seized more than 100 million rufiyaas ($6m) in US dollars and local currency.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS FOR JUST $1 CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

Crime

Deadly attack leaves four Indian Soldiers dead in Kashmir gun battle

Published

on

The police spokesman has expressed dismay regarding to the deadliest attack which see military officers and civilians killed in a gun battle with the militants in Indian-administered Kashmir.



Two source familiar with the incident told the news agency that the authorities has lunch an investigation seeking to get the hoodlums in custody and has urge resident to be vigilant after a report from Pakistan-based militant group Jaish-e-Mohammad stating, it carried out the attack and India has accused Pakistan of even having a hand in it – an allegation Islamabad firmly denies.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

Police says the encounter occurred in Pulwama district, and has given update on the the security officers who has been responding to treatment.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

However, the alleged bomber has been identified as a local Kashmiri aged between 19 and 21. And the stated they will bring him to justice.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS FOR JUST $1 CLICK HERE

 

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved