Cave divers in Thailand are poised to restart the high-risk operation to extract the remaining eight boys and their football coach from a vast flooded cave system.
Four boys were brought safely out of the cave on Sunday.
But the mission was paused overnight for air tanks to be replaced.
The boys became trapped in the cave on 23 June after heavy rains caused flooding, but were found alive last week by divers.
FOLLOW US ON:
Rescuers decided to go ahead with the hazardous operation to free them because of fears that waters would rise again.
Activity at the dive site early on Monday suggests that the operation may have resumed or be about to resume. But there has been no confirmation.
At least seven ambulances have driven towards the cave entrance.
Who are the boys and their coach?
Chanin Vibulrungruang, 11 (Nickname: Titan) – started playing football aged seven
Panumas Sangdee, 13 (Nickname: Mig), wrote to his parents: “The Navy Seals are taking good care of me”
Duganpet Promtep, 13 (Nickname: Dom) – captain of the Wild Boars, reportedly scouted by several Thai professional clubs
Somepong Jaiwong, 13 (nickname: Pong) – reportedly dreams of playing for the Thai national team
Mongkol Booneiam, 13 (nickname: Mark) – described by his teacher as a “very respectful and good child”
Nattawut Takamrong, 14 (nickname: Tern) – told his parents not to worry about him
Ekarat Wongsukchan, 14 (nickname: Bew) – promised his mother he would help her at the shop once he was rescued
Adul Sam-on, 14 – member of a volleyball team that came second in a North Thailand-wide tournament
Prajak Sutham, 15 (nickname: Note) – described by family friends as a “smart, quiet guy”
Pipat Pho, 15 (nickname: Nick) – wrote in his letter he wanted his parents to take him for barbecued food once rescued
Pornchai Kamluang, 16 (nickname: Tee) – told his parents “don’t worry, I’m very happy”
Peerapat Sompiangjai, 17 (nickname: Night) – it was his birthday the day the boys went missing, and his parents have told him they are still waiting to hold his birthday party
Assistant coach Ekapol Chantawong (nickname Ake), 25 – apologised in his letter to the parents, but they replied that they did not blame him
How did the group get there?
The boys were found inside the cave by British rescue divers a week ago, about 4km (2.5 miles) from the cave mouth.
Aged between 11 and 17, they belong to a football club called the Wild Boars, and became trapped during an excursion with their coach.
TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
England dropped Sterling after Gomez altercation
England and Machester city player Raheem Sterling has been dropped ahead of Euro 2020 qualifer match against Montenegro.
England Football Association took to social media to confirm that Sterling had been dropped “as a result of a disturbance in a private team area”.
Sterling and Gomez had an on-field altercation during the Reds’ 3-1 Premier League victory at Anfield on Sunday.
But sterling has qunch the fire via his Instagram account on Tuesday, by stating “Both Joe and I have had words and figured things out and moved on,” Sterling said via his Instagram account on Tuesday.
“We are in a sport where emotions run high and I am man enough to admit when emotions got the better of me.
“This is why we play this sport because of our love for it – me and Joe Gomez are good, we both understand it was a five to 10 second thing… it’s done, we move forward and not make this bigger than it
“Let’s get focus on our game on Thursday,” Sterling added.
England boss Gareth Southgate said on Monday: “Unfortunately the emotions of yesterday’s game were still raw.
“One of the great challenges and strengths for us is that we’ve been able to separate club rivalries from the national team.
“We have taken the decision to not consider Raheem for the match against Montenegro on Thursday. My feeling is that the right thing for the team is the action we have taken.
“Now that the decision has been made with the agreement of the entire squad, it’s important that we support the players and focus on Thursday night.”
Groups criticise Kenya’s census figures
Groups has criticised the released Kenya’s population census figures stating that the results are not accurate.
It found that the total population of the country is now 47.6 million, nine million more than in 2009.
But some regions have experienced a decrease in population.
These outcomes can be hugely controversial because the size of the local population has important implications for the level of government funding they receive.
Kenya’s population is made up of many different ethnic groups, closely aligned to competing political parties.
The government has yet to release all the data on the ethnic composition of the country, but the changes in population in certain regions from this latest census have already caused arguments.
The outcome of such surveys can embolden or weaken claims made by groups for political representation or resources.
In one area of the north-east territories bordering Ethiopia and Somalia, the census indicates a decrease in the population, prompting local political leaders looking to retain funding for their provinces to question the veracity of the survey
Anttention Fresh4 days ago
Please Read–Warning Signs of a Stroke
24 Hours Across Africa6 days ago
Emery names Aubameyang Arsenal Captain
24 Hours Across Africa6 days ago
Lloris Karius set for Liverpool return
24 Hours Across Africa1 week ago
Guatemala’s next president to cut ties with Maduro’s Venezuela