page contents
Connect with us

Crime

South Africa: Man cleared of rape after 13 years in jail

Published

on

Durban

After 13 years behind bars in Westville Prison, Njabulo Ndlovu will become a free man after being acquitted of rape at the Pietermaritzburg High Court in Durban.

The 35-year-old uMlazi man was sentenced to life imprisonment after being convicted of the 2002 gang rape of a pregnant woman who knew him as they went to the same school and their fathers had worked together.



He was 19 and a second-year student at the University of Durban-Westville (today the University of KwaZulu-Natal) at the time. He testified during the trial that he had been nowhere near the place where the gang rape took place.

During the trial, three of the five accused were discharged due to lack of evidence, while Ndlovu and another remained in prison. After Monday, only one accused will remain in prison.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

While Ndlovu was in prison for over a decade, he never lost hope, as he continued pursuing law studies and received a law degree from Unisa in May this year.

And on Friday, a full bench of judges upheld the appeal against Ndlovu’s conviction and sentence. He now intends to sue the minister of justice for damages.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Crime

Ex-President Abdulla yameen apprehended for corruption in Maldives

Published

on

Formal President Abdulla Yameen has been accuse of money laundering and the state court has ordered for his arrest adding that he will remain in the state custody until the end of the trial.



Police says Abdulla Yameen has refuse to return the money despite anti-corruption watchdog intervention, and instead he fax in the money to another account which he obtained profit.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

The 59-year-old was charged with money laundering last week over claims he received $1m, stolen from state coffers in the country’s biggest-ever corruption scandal.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

In December, the police said authorities froze Yameen’s bank accounts and seized more than 100 million rufiyaas ($6m) in US dollars and local currency.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS FOR JUST $1 CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

Crime

Deadly attack leaves four Indian Soldiers dead in Kashmir gun battle

Published

on

The police spokesman has expressed dismay regarding to the deadliest attack which see military officers and civilians killed in a gun battle with the militants in Indian-administered Kashmir.



Two source familiar with the incident told the news agency that the authorities has lunch an investigation seeking to get the hoodlums in custody and has urge resident to be vigilant after a report from Pakistan-based militant group Jaish-e-Mohammad stating, it carried out the attack and India has accused Pakistan of even having a hand in it – an allegation Islamabad firmly denies.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

Police says the encounter occurred in Pulwama district, and has given update on the the security officers who has been responding to treatment.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

However, the alleged bomber has been identified as a local Kashmiri aged between 19 and 21. And the stated they will bring him to justice.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS FOR JUST $1 CLICK HERE

 

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved