page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Nigeria: ”My husband bewitched me into marriage” Housewife tells court

Published

on

To-Love-to-Hold-26

A housewife,  Abosede Bamgbose, 28, on Wednesday pleaded with a Badagry Customary Court in Topo Garage to dissolve her marriage,  alleging that she was bewitched by her husband, James, for eight years.

Abosede also told the court that there was no longer love in the marriage, adding that a spell was cast on her to win and sustain her love.

“ Sometime in the year 2009, I followed my friend to a wedding party at Ajara Topa, Badagry;  immediately I  saw James, I fell in love with him.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“We dated for two months and I packed my belongings to his residence in Ido-Iroko, Ogun State, without introduction or dowry paid to my parent.



“After two months in his house, I got pregnant without meeting any of his relatives.

“Four months after the pregnancy, he started beating me for no reason.

“I gave birth to a premature baby which died three days later due to his beatings.

“After the death of my child, the beatings continued to the extent that I  fainted one day and I was rushed to the hospital.

“It was in the hospital that I was told that I  was two months pregnant and I had lost it due to the beatings.

“My husband did not visit me in the hospital throughout when I  was hospitalised, my parent paid the bills before I was discharged.

“So, when I got better, I packed my belonging and left his house.

“Since then, I have not seen him and I did not meet his relations.



“James is a herbalist and I know he had put me under a spell when I was living with him,  but it is all over now,” she said.

Abosede said that since about eight years that she left  James, he had not looked for her.

She begged the court to grant her freedom so that she could marry again, adding that James had abandoned her.

Abosede said that when her husband was served with a court summon, he said he was no longer interested in the relationship.

The respondent was, however,  not in court.

The court’s President, Mr Sakirudeen Adekola, adjourned the case till October 18  for judgement.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Motherland News

Families Identify Church Collapse Victims in Anguish

Published

on

Tears and anguish characterized the atmosphere as the grieving families of 13 worshipers killed in a church collapse arrived at the Richards Bay mortuary to identify the bodies of their loved ones.

The worshipers died when a wall collapsed at the Pentecostal Holiness Church near Empangeni in northern KwaZulu-Natal last Thursday night.

The KwaZulu-Natal Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs Department co-ordinated with various departments including health, home affairs and the police, to assist in speeding up the body identification process.

Six worshippers were from Ulundi, four from eSikhawini and three from Maqwakazi in uMlalazi.

Describing the collapse, Phumelele Simelane from eSikhawini said worshippers had just had their evening meal and were preparing to sleep when the wall caved in.

Simelane was with her 6-year-old son, who is recovering in hospital. She said she came to the mortuary to support congregants whose relatives died.

The Mthembu family, who lost grandmother Thembi Mthabela, 54, and Andiswa Mthembu, 10, in the tragedy were overcome with grief.

“Thembi loved going to church and she always took Andiswa with her. Andiswa was doing Grade 3 at Nyathini Primary School. As a family, we are very traumatised and it is hard for us,” said a relative, who did not wanted to be named.

Buhle Mzila, whose sister Samke, 33, died, said the family had lost a breadwinner.

Samke, who worked at the Ulundi Municipality, was with her 9-year-old daughter during the incident.

Buhle said her niece, who was in hospital, was in a state of shock about her mother’s death.

“Samke loved the church, she always made sure she attended every service. She played a big role in terms of assisting the family. We are still going to feel her absence,” said Buhle.

A sobbing Mbongeni Langa said his mother had died in a “place she loved”.

The memorial service will be held tomorrow

Continue Reading

Motherland News

CAF Sidelines Nigerian Centre Referees for 2019 AFCON

Published

on

Out of the Twenty-seven centre referees penciled down for the 2019 African Cup of Nations, countries like Burundi, Mali, Zambia and Sudan are represented on the list, but no Nigerian referee was selected for the big occasions.

However, only one assistant referee from Nigeria named Baba Adel was listed among the twenty-nine assistant referees selected by the African Football Governing Body.

The competition will be held from 21 June to 19 July 2019, as per the decision of the CAF Executive Committee on 20 July 2017.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved