page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Government says ‘Zim Airways not part of AirZim’

Published

on

Acting Permanent Secretary Ministry of Transport of Infrastructure Development, Kudzanai Chinyanga has said.Zimbabwe Airways is a completely different and  autonomous entity from Air Zimbabwe and is therefore not part of the reconstruction process.



“Currently there is no relationship between Air Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe Airways. These are two separate State-owned enterprises.

“(The administrator) Mr Reggie Saruchera is responsible for reconstructing Air Zimbabwe and Air Zimbabwe Holdings. Zimbabwe Airways is not yet in his portfolio,” he said while giving evidence before the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Transport and Infrastructure Development earlier this week.

The national airliner was placed under reconstruction due to continuous failure to generate profits to remain commercially viable.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

The reconstruction order was pronounced in General Notice 758 of 2018 published in the Government Gazette this September.

“The relationship between Air Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe Airways is that they are both owned by the Government. The reason why Zimbabwe Airways was formed was to run away from the problems besetting Air Zimbabwe.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“This was through a Cabinet decision in 2011. The decision came because operations had come to a complete halt at Air Zimbabwe,” said Chinyanga.

However, Transport and Infrastructural Development Minister Joel Biggie Matiza, is on record saying that Air Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe Airways would be merged to form one entity, as both are state-owned enterprises and will play a critical role towards reviving the country’s ailing aviation sector.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Motherland News

Families Identify Church Collapse Victims in Anguish

Published

on

Tears and anguish characterized the atmosphere as the grieving families of 13 worshipers killed in a church collapse arrived at the Richards Bay mortuary to identify the bodies of their loved ones.

The worshipers died when a wall collapsed at the Pentecostal Holiness Church near Empangeni in northern KwaZulu-Natal last Thursday night.

The KwaZulu-Natal Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs Department co-ordinated with various departments including health, home affairs and the police, to assist in speeding up the body identification process.

Six worshippers were from Ulundi, four from eSikhawini and three from Maqwakazi in uMlalazi.

Describing the collapse, Phumelele Simelane from eSikhawini said worshippers had just had their evening meal and were preparing to sleep when the wall caved in.

Simelane was with her 6-year-old son, who is recovering in hospital. She said she came to the mortuary to support congregants whose relatives died.

The Mthembu family, who lost grandmother Thembi Mthabela, 54, and Andiswa Mthembu, 10, in the tragedy were overcome with grief.

“Thembi loved going to church and she always took Andiswa with her. Andiswa was doing Grade 3 at Nyathini Primary School. As a family, we are very traumatised and it is hard for us,” said a relative, who did not wanted to be named.

Buhle Mzila, whose sister Samke, 33, died, said the family had lost a breadwinner.

Samke, who worked at the Ulundi Municipality, was with her 9-year-old daughter during the incident.

Buhle said her niece, who was in hospital, was in a state of shock about her mother’s death.

“Samke loved the church, she always made sure she attended every service. She played a big role in terms of assisting the family. We are still going to feel her absence,” said Buhle.

A sobbing Mbongeni Langa said his mother had died in a “place she loved”.

The memorial service will be held tomorrow

Continue Reading

Motherland News

CAF Sidelines Nigerian Centre Referees for 2019 AFCON

Published

on

Out of the Twenty-seven centre referees penciled down for the 2019 African Cup of Nations, countries like Burundi, Mali, Zambia and Sudan are represented on the list, but no Nigerian referee was selected for the big occasions.

However, only one assistant referee from Nigeria named Baba Adel was listed among the twenty-nine assistant referees selected by the African Football Governing Body.

The competition will be held from 21 June to 19 July 2019, as per the decision of the CAF Executive Committee on 20 July 2017.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved