page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Kenya: Uhuru Kenyata promises avenge terror attack in Nirobi.

Published

on

Kenyan security forces have neutralised all four terrorists involved in the attack on a hotel complex in the capital Nairobi, President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Wednesday.

Kenyatta said about 700 people had been safely evacuated, vowed to avenge the 14 “innocent” lives lost.



“We are a nation that never forgets those who hurt our children. We will pursue relentlessly those involved in the planning and execution of this attack,” the president said.

‘‘I take note of Kenyans who took to social media to spread hope and criticise false information. You have shown the world bravery, patriotism and love.’‘

IMG-20180912-WA0030

he attack in numbers

  • 14 civilians confirmed dead

  • 700 people safely evacuated

  • 4 attackers neutralised

Victims

An earlier estimate put the death toll at 15.

Timeline of the attack

  • Tuesday 3pm (local time): Attack on dusitD2 hotel begins with two explosions

  • Tuesday 5:55pm: Al Shabaab claims responsibility

  • Tuesday night: AU, EU, UN, United States, Somalia condemn the attack

  • Tuesday night : Police announces it has secured 7 out of eight floors

  • Wednesday 6am: Gunshots ring out as police say at least two groups of people still trapped inside complex

  • Wednesday 8am: President Kenyatta declares terror attack and security operation ‘over’.

  • TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
    WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Motherland News

CAF Sidelines Nigerian Centre Referees for 2019 AFCON

Published

on

Out of the Twenty-seven centre referees penciled down for the 2019 African Cup of Nations, countries like Burundi, Mali, Zambia and Sudan are represented on the list, but no Nigerian referee was selected for the big occasions.

However, only one assistant referee from Nigeria named Baba Adel was listed among the twenty-nine assistant referees selected by the African Football Governing Body.

The competition will be held from 21 June to 19 July 2019, as per the decision of the CAF Executive Committee on 20 July 2017.

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigerian Govt Seeks U.S.$1 Billion Loan for Power Sector Again.

Published

on

Apart from the accumulation of 2.74 trillion Naira the Nigerian government under the watch of President Olusegun Obasanjo, President Umar Yaradua and Goodluck Jonathan have differently spent on the development of the Power sector, Federal government have commenced discussion with the World Bank with the hope of taking a $1 billion loan.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed made this disclosure at the press briefing marking the end of the 2019 Spring Meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, IMF, in Washington DC, USA, yesterday.

Meanwhile, The Federal Government have allegedly spent another 900 billion Naira within the last four years through the ministry of Power and Steel, under the watch of Babatunde Fashola.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved