Manbij has emerged as a focal point of tensions after Trump’s decision to withdraw 2,000 US forces out of northeastern, duo the decision have come under criticism after four US personnel died in a bombing last week,
A statement from the newsmen has confirmed that the Turkish president Erdogan has reached out to President Donald Trump stating that the attack in Manbij was a provocation by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL,ISIS) to influence the expected US troop withdrawal from the war-torn country.
US officials have since been walking back his timeline, suggesting the conditions for any such withdrawal were finishing off ISIL, and Turkey assuring the safety of Kurdish troops allied with the US.
Erdogan also confirmed that Turkey is ready to take over security in Manbij after sunday’s phone conversation came successful between the two leaders in which they discussed the situation in northeastern Syria amid rising tensions over the fate of Kurdish fighters in the war-torn country.
FOLLOW US ON:
In its statement about the latest call, the Turkish presidency also said that the two leaders had agreed to accelerate discussions between their chiefs of staff about a safe zone in northeastern Syria.
TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
Tunisia: former President Ben Ali confirmed dead
All time, former Tunisia’s President Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali has died in exile aged 83, his family says.
Ben Ali led the country for 30years and was credited with delivering stability and some economic prosperity.
But he received widespread criticism for suppressing political freedoms and for widespread corruption.
In 2011, he was forced from office following mass street protests. This triggered a wave of similar uprisings across the Arab world.
At least half a dozen countries in the region saw their president fall or conflicts break out in the wake of the former Tunisian leader’s downfall, in what became known as the Arab Spring.
Gantz refuse’s Netanyahu offer on unity government
After a vote tally showing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tied with his main rival.
Israel’s weakened Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu saw his offer on Thursday for a coalition with his strongest political rival, Gantz, swiftly rebuffed after failing to secure a governing majority in a tight election.
Netanyahu’s surprise move was an abrupt change of strategy for the right-wing leader. Its rejection could spell weeks of wrangling after Tuesday’s election, which followed an inconclusive national ballot in April.
Gantz’s centrist Blue and White party emerged from the second round of voting this year slightly ahead of Netanyahu’s Likud, but also short of enough supporters in the 120-member parliament for a ruling bloc.
Netanyahu, Israel’s longest-serving leader, said in a video clip in which he urged Gantz, the country’s former military chief, to meet him “as soon as today”, that he had pledged during the election campaign to form a right-wing, Likud-led government.
24 Hours Across Africa1 week ago
Nigeria: FG approves $5.3bn Ibadan-Kano rail project
24 Hours Across Africa1 week ago
Apple unveils new iPhone 11 with a triple-camera
24 Hours Across Africa5 days ago
18 Carat gold toilet stolen at Blenheim palace
24 Hours Across Africa4 days ago
Post Xenophobia, South Africans ask Nigerians for forgiveness