page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Another missionary shot dead in Cameroon clash within a Month



A missionary, Fr Cosmas Omboto Ondari has been shot dead in Cameroon during the second killing of its kind in less than one month.

Fr Ondari was reported standing outside his church in the South West region on Wednesday when he came under fire.

In a statement released on Facebook, local Catholic leaders described the shooting as a “heinous crime”. They said government forces were to blame.

The Diocese of Mamfe said: “While we mourn with the Mill Hill family and the national family of Fr Ondari, we trust that he died doing what he has offered his life for.

“He was serving humanity far away from home and family, but he was one with the people of Kembong who loved him so well and whom he loved so much.”


Media reports suggest Fr Ondari – who belonged to the Mill Hill Missionaries – may have been caught in cross-fire between soldiers and armed separatists.

The 33-year-old Kenyan national had been serving as an assistant parish priest at St Martin of Tours in the village of Kembong.

Last month, it was reported how an American missionary working in Cameroon was shot in the head and killed in front of his family.


Fighting between English-speaking separatists and government forces in Cameroon’s South West and North West regions has intensified since 2016. Hundreds of civilians have died.

Having long-claimed discrimination under a national political system dominated by French-speakers, separatists want Anglophone areas to become an independent nation – Ambazonia.

Hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced by the violence.


Motherland News

Tunisian President Beji Essebsi hospitalised.



92-year-old Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi, has been hospitalised in a military hospital after suffering a “severe health crisis.”

This was disclosed by the presidency minutes ago.

More details available later,  as soon as they are realesd.

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigeria: Residents Cry For Help After Ilorin Flood



According to reports, the area experienced a heavy downpour around 4pm on Wednesday which lasted for about three hours.

One of the victims, Mr Femi Olaoye, whose house was taken over by flood, said he was helpless as the water entered his siting room and kitchen.

“I was bitter and sad as there is nothing I could do to stop the flood from entering my house. It was only me and my two children at home. I wept bitterly to witness such terrible occurrence.

“All my electronics were damaged beyond repair. Even the bedroom has turned to swimming pool. I am confused,” 

Another resident, Mr Yusuf Taiwo said the flood came as a nightmare to him as his furniture, bookshelf and electronics were destroyed by the flood.

“Even some vital documents that I placed on the floor in my room have been destroyed by the flood.

Continue Reading


Flag Counter


Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved