page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

At least 13 dead in multi-vehicle accident in Kenya

Published

on

Kenyan police say at least 13 people have been killed in a multi-vehicle accident on a highway outside the capital, Nairobi.

Nakuru County Police Commander Hassan Barua says a speeding truck swerved and rammed an oncoming bus before hitting two vans and other vehicles on the Nakuru-Eldoret highway at a place called Sachangwan.

He says dozens of people were hospitalised.

The accident rate in East African towns tends to rise during the festive season, with police citing drunk driving and speeding.

On Saturday, 30 people were killed in two accidents in central Kenya.

In his Independence Day speech on Tuesday, President Uhuru Kenyatta urged drivers to be cautious.

Business

Nigerian Customs: Cars importation ban Remains.

Published

on

images

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has maintained that the ban on importation of used and new vehicles into the country through land borders remains. 

The comptroller-general of customs, Colonel Hameed Ali (rtd), said this on Monday, June 24, when he spoke at the official launch of a bilateral trade platform at Seme border.

a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda According to Ali, the Nigeria Customs Service will not open land border for importation of used vehicles.

He, however, said the government was interested in the success of the connectivity platform that would facilitate border trade between Nigeria and Benin.

Ali urged that stakeholders should embrace the platform to enable the two countries to achieve seamless operations and trade facilitation as this would assist genuine traders.

“We are envisaging compliance, and we hope we get compliance; where individual decides not to comply, then the customs will ensure there is no illicit trafficking between the two countries,” 

The NCS boss noted that through the platform, false declaration of goods and some other illegal activities, experienced due to manual operation, would stop.

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

Dozens get vaccine after Ebola outbreak in Uganda

Published

on

Report says, Ugandan health officials have reacted with the vaccination campaign for people who may have been exposed to Ebola.

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

The outbreak, one of the worst in history, started in the Democratic Republic of the Congo last year and spread to Uganda earlier this month.


@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved