page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

AUC Attempts to Deport a Yemeni Student to His Death

Published

on

The American University of Cairo has been under fire during the weekend after news stories circulated online in regard to the deportation of a former Yemeni student.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

It all started when Najm Al Iryani, the former student, posted a long and detailed Facebook appeal saying he was in the airport being forced to go back to Yemen, with security forces accompanying him until he boards on the airplane. He also posted screenshots of emails exchanged between him and the AUC over the case.

Najm mentioned in the post his reluctance toward posting. However, he said he had no choice after being trapped by security forces in the airport and he has to appeal help from anyone.

Najm, who was granted a scholarship to complete his higher studies in the AUC before being dismissed, appealed in the post to anyone who can help and stop his deportation to a war-zone, where he is possibly going to be killed. Najm also mentioned that all his family members; his sisters and parents were killed in Yemen, which does not give him a place to go if he went back to the country.

In the post, Najm went to mention all the suspicious circumstances he had been facing recently, from security forces raiding his dorm earlier in the weekend and searching through his personal stuff, to seizing his passport and preventing him from going out the university campus so he will not try to escape deportation.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-12_at_1.09.28_PM

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

 

Motherland News

Tunisian President Beji Essebsi hospitalised.

Published

on

92-year-old Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi, has been hospitalised in a military hospital after suffering a “severe health crisis.”

This was disclosed by the presidency minutes ago.

More details available later,  as soon as they are realesd.

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigeria: Residents Cry For Help After Ilorin Flood

Published

on

According to reports, the area experienced a heavy downpour around 4pm on Wednesday which lasted for about three hours.

One of the victims, Mr Femi Olaoye, whose house was taken over by flood, said he was helpless as the water entered his siting room and kitchen.

“I was bitter and sad as there is nothing I could do to stop the flood from entering my house. It was only me and my two children at home. I wept bitterly to witness such terrible occurrence.

“All my electronics were damaged beyond repair. Even the bedroom has turned to swimming pool. I am confused,” 

Another resident, Mr Yusuf Taiwo said the flood came as a nightmare to him as his furniture, bookshelf and electronics were destroyed by the flood.

“Even some vital documents that I placed on the floor in my room have been destroyed by the flood.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved