page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Death Toll Rises in California Wildfire

Published

on

The toll from the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California’s history rose further on Sunday to 77, the sheriff’s office said, after a vigil to honor the victims.

“One human remain was located today,” raising the toll by one in the so-called Camp Fire which broke out 10 days earlier in northern California, a statement from the Butte County Sheriff said, following US President Donald Trump’s visit on Saturday to survey the devastation.



On Sunday, mourners gathered at First Christian Church in Chico, near the incinerated community of Paradise, to hold a tearful vigil for the fire’s victims.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

“We will rise from the ashes,” said a sign on the altar of the church, where survivors embraced, and one woman carried a picture of her father who died,Of the 77 fatalities, we have tentatively identified 67 individuals,” the sheriff’s office said.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The number of people unaccounted for has fallen to 993, from a peak that exceeded 1,200, the statement added.

Another three people died in a second major blaze that struck the more well-off Malibu area adjacent to Hollywood, where the film industry paid tribute to the fire victims on Sunday night at its annual honorary Oscars event.

“Many thousands of our fellow Americans are homeless,” the president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, John Bailey, said in his opening address to the annual Governors Awards ceremony.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Motherland News

Tunisian President Beji Essebsi hospitalised.

Published

on

92-year-old Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi, has been hospitalised in a military hospital after suffering a “severe health crisis.”

This was disclosed by the presidency minutes ago.

More details available later,  as soon as they are realesd.

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigeria: Residents Cry For Help After Ilorin Flood

Published

on

According to reports, the area experienced a heavy downpour around 4pm on Wednesday which lasted for about three hours.

One of the victims, Mr Femi Olaoye, whose house was taken over by flood, said he was helpless as the water entered his siting room and kitchen.

“I was bitter and sad as there is nothing I could do to stop the flood from entering my house. It was only me and my two children at home. I wept bitterly to witness such terrible occurrence.

“All my electronics were damaged beyond repair. Even the bedroom has turned to swimming pool. I am confused,” 

Another resident, Mr Yusuf Taiwo said the flood came as a nightmare to him as his furniture, bookshelf and electronics were destroyed by the flood.

“Even some vital documents that I placed on the floor in my room have been destroyed by the flood.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved