@ Anttention Fresh,
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source.
A campaigner against the use of controversial vaginal mesh has died after a four-year battle with persistent infections.
Chrissy Brajcic’s husband Tony confirmed her death on Facebook on Sunday night.
It is thought the mum-of-two was killed by sepsis , which she had been struggling with for several months.
The 42-year-old was a prominent campaigner against the plastic implants, often used to treat vagina, uterus, bowel, bladder or urethra prolapse after childbirth and incontinence.
The Canadian had her implant installed in 2013 having suffered mild stress incontinence after the birth of her sons Ben and Jake.
She said doctor’s assured her the vaginal mesh, also known as a tension free vaginal tape, was completely safe.
But Mrs Brajcic, a former interior designer from Ontario, said she was unaware that the device can twist and cut through internal tissue.
Many women have reported unbearable pain after the 20-minute operation, which is completed on thousands of patients in the UK every year.
During her final months, Mrs Brajcic kept a Facebook video diary detailing her struggle with the device and attracting thousands of viewers.
In one of her final posts she wrote: “After my near death experience a few weeks ago with sepsis from drug resistant infections from surgical mesh.
“I feel now more then ever I need to advocate for the mesh injured. I will never stop fighting.”
Mrs Brajcic’s death comes just a week after the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence recommended banning the device in the UK.
Confirming his wife’s death on her Facebook page, Mr Brajcic wrote: “It’s clear by all of your messages that Chrissy was truly a special woman and touched the lives of many people.
“We have been overwhelmed by your expressions of interest in attending her memorial service.
“Again thank you so much on behalf of the family. We wish everyone the best in managing any health conditions that you face.”
Nigerian Customs: Cars importation ban Remains.
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has maintained that the ban on importation of used and new vehicles into the country through land borders remains.
The comptroller-general of customs, Colonel Hameed Ali (rtd), said this on Monday, June 24, when he spoke at the official launch of a bilateral trade platform at Seme border.
a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda According to Ali, the Nigeria Customs Service will not open land border for importation of used vehicles.
He, however, said the government was interested in the success of the connectivity platform that would facilitate border trade between Nigeria and Benin.
Ali urged that stakeholders should embrace the platform to enable the two countries to achieve seamless operations and trade facilitation as this would assist genuine traders.
“We are envisaging compliance, and we hope we get compliance; where individual decides not to comply, then the customs will ensure there is no illicit trafficking between the two countries,”
The NCS boss noted that through the platform, false declaration of goods and some other illegal activities, experienced due to manual operation, would stop.