page contents
Connect with us

News

“I just feel numb”: Groom left heartbroken after wife dies suddenly during their honeymoon in Fiji

Published

on

A groom has been left heartbroken after his new wife died suddenly during their honeymoon in Fiji.

Kelly Clarke, 24, fell ill on Wednesday but dismissed it as a stomach bug and went to bed to sleep it off.

When she rapidly declined the next day she was rushed to hospital.

After initially being diagnosed with typhoid fever, Kelly went into septic shock and died in hospital on Friday night while waiting for a medevac team to arrive.

Her heartbroken husband Chase says he was able to speak to her one last time before she died.

He was at the couple’s hotel collecting their belongings when doctors placed her in an induced coma.

“I spoke to her and she told me she was scared she was going to die,” Chase said .

“I just told her I love her, ‘we’re going to get out of here, everything’s going to be ok’.

“She’d gone into septic shock, she was panting heavily, she could barely speak to me.”

Chase said the family have been told Kelly, a post-operative nurse at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, died from severe bilateral pneumonia.

Experts suspect Kelly, who had contracted the chronic immune disorder lupus earlier this year, would most likely have been treated with steroids which damages the immune system further and increases the risk of infection.

Infectious diseases expert at Sydney University Robert Booy said: “Lupus can weaken the lungs directly, so they may have already been damaged, increasing the risk of pneumonia and infections.”

The Clarkes. rom New South Wales, Australia, married in April and were planning their honeymoon for later in the year.

Chase said : “I don’t know what to say, I’m completely and utterly devastated, it’s come as a complete shock.

“When we’re stronger we will reveal the complete causes of death but severe bilateral pneumonia is the main one.

“Kelly is a wonderful kind soul, the last thing you expect on your honeymoon is to lose your wife, she had her whole life ahead of her.

“We just want her home, it’s a waiting game for us now, we’re just shocked and devastated and can’t explain how we feel.

“I just feel numb.”

Kelly’s parents have since flown to Fiji, but the family need to raise up £35,000 to bring the 24-year-old’s body back to Australia.

So far a Go Fund Me page set up to help towards costs have raised more than £29,000.

Kelly’s brother, Murray Shaw, took to Facebook to share an emotional tribute to his late sister.

“You beautiful girl and amazing sister you will be deeply missed,” he wrote.

Anttention Fresh

Channels TV reporter was shot dead during Shiite clash with police in Abuja

Published

on

A young ChannelsTV reporter serving out his NYSC with the television station, was caught in the crossfire as police clashed with Shiite protesters in Abuja.

Precious Owolabi, 23, who was interning with ChannelsTV as a reporter, was shot dead as police clashed with members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), otherwise referred to as Shiite, in Abuja, Nigeria’s administrative capital, on Monday, July 22, 2019.

Owolabi was serving out a mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program with the television station. He was hit by a stray bullet to his stomach.

“The 23-year-old died of a gunshot wound he sustained while covering the clash between the police and the Shiite protesters on Monday in Abuja”, ChannelsTV reported.

The statement from the broadcast station would add that: “The management and staff of Channels Television are greatly saddened by the untimely and unfortunate death of such a promising journalist.

“We pray that God will grant his family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss, and avail his soul eternal rest”.

Recent clashes between Shiites and the police have played out in pristine Abuja, the seat of government in Nigeria.

Protesting a leader’s detention

Members of the Shiite sect have been protesting the arrest of their spiritual leader Ibrahim El-Zakzaky who has been in detention since 2015, following a bloody clash between Shiites and officers of the Nigerian Army in Zaria, Kaduna State.

El-Zakzaky has been complaining of a failing health at recent court appearances.

Shiite leader, El-Zakzaky in court

Shiite leader, El-Zakzaky in court

The Islamic sect has clashed with the Police and the Nigerian Army on numerous occasions since 2015. 

40 Shiites were arrested on July 9, 2019 during a protest march to the National Assembly that turned bloody as two officers were shot, although the sect said the officers were shot by other officers who opened fire on the IMN protesters.

Monday’s protest also claimed the life of the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of operations in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), DCP Usman Umar, who was confirmed dead in the hospital after a bullet was lodged in his head. 

Usman served as the Principal Staff Officer (PSO) to former Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, before he was later appointed as the DCP Operations.

Eyewitnesses say policemen had opened fire on the Shiite protesters after attempts to calm and ward them off failed. 

Presidency reacts to claims it is keeping El-Zakzaky in defiance of court order

The federal government has denied that it is flouting court orders with the continuous detention of El-Zakzaky, with President Buhari’s spokesperson, Garba Shehu, stating that the Shiite leader is being kept in custody because he is still being tried by the government of Kaduna State, the jurisdiction where the 2015 clash occurred.

“The presidency appeals to El-Zakzaky-led Shiite members to desist from needless violent street protests and await the decision of the court in Kaduna where their leader is currently being tried.

President Buhari and Kaduna Governor Elrufai. Presidency maintains that El-Zakzaky is being kept by the Kaduna State govt (Punch)

President Buhari and Kaduna Governor Elrufai. Presidency maintains that El-Zakzaky is being kept by the Kaduna State govt (Punch)

“The federal government no more has hands in the matter and to that extent, the government at the center can be said to be clear of any alleged violations of court orders as being trumpeted every day. 

“These rallies and street dances ostensibly to openly insult the president and other leaders, threatening bloodshed will lead nowhere because President Buhari will not ask the country’s judiciary to abandon due process and set a suspect free.

“The Buhari administration has absolutely no hand in the on-going court case and the courts are free to determine the bail request and the final outcome”, the presidency said through Shehu. 

The trial of El-Zakzaky 

Even though a Federal High Court ordered his release in December 2016, the Department of State Security (DSS) continued to detain El-Zakzaky.

In May 2018, El-Zakzaky was eventually arraigned before a Kaduna High Court and charged with unlawful gathering, criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide. The court would deny him bail afterwards.

400 IMN members were arrested by the police for disturbance of public peace and law and order in Abuja on October 30, 2018.

They were alleged to have set a police truck on fire. They were arrested with 31 bottles of petrol bombs and other dangerous weapons.

Nigerian police fired tear gas to disperse Shi’ite Muslim protesters (Sabcnews)

Nigerian police fired tear gas to disperse Shi’ite Muslim protesters (Sabcnews)

On October 27, 2018, the Army accused Shiite protesters of attacking a convoy carrying ammunition.

The clash on the day resulted in the death of three people, with a couple of soldiers also wounded.

The protesters returned on October 29 and got involved in another clash with the Army and the Police.

While the Army reported that three other Shiites were killed on the day, the Shia sect claimed around 50 were killed by troops.

On January 20, 2012, Enenche Akogwu, a cameraman with ChannelsTV, was shot three times in the chest and three times in the stomach by Boko Haram terrorists on a Kano street, as the insurgents blew up the northern city with bombs.

Akogwu was 31 years of age.

Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

Barcelona appoints ‘Valdes’ to coach their youth team

Published

on

The Spanish giant ‘Barcelona’ has appointed their legendary star victor Valdes to coach U19A team.

The Spaniard picked up UEFA A and B coaching licences after retiring from football last year and has now reunited with the Blaugrana

The 37-year-old racked up 539 appearances for Barca across all competitions over the course of 12 seasons between 2002 and 2014, winning 21 major titles in total.

Valdes picked up three Champions Leagues, six La Liga titles and won the Copa del Rey twice, earning legendary status at the club while also establishing himself as one of the finest shot-stoppers in Europe.

Barcelona released the following statement on their official website: “Victor Valdes is back at FC Barcelona after signing a contract on Friday morning to become the new head coach of the U19A team. The agreement binds him to the club until June 2020, with the option for an extension by one additional season.

The Spanish born has been enjoying with ED Moratalaz role in the fifth tier of Spanish football before Barcelona reach an agreement with him.

KINDLY FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA & SHARE THIS STORY
INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

@ Anttention FreshWe work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP
Submit Your Story: Click Here to Submit    Contact: allmails@antvt.com
Breaking News: SMS: +2347066663071, Whatsapp: +2347066663071, Email: allmails@antvt.com
TO UPLOAD & PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS CLICK IMAGE
JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved