page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

Man and woman charged with murders after fire which killed three children while they slept in Salford house blaze.

Published

on

Two people have been charged with murder after a house fire in Manchester left three children dead.

Police confirmed that Zac Bolland, 23, of Blackleach Drive, Worsley, has been charged with three counts of murder, four counts of attempted murder and one count of arson with intent to endanger life.

Courtney Brierley, 20, of Worsley Avenue, Worsley has also been charged with the same.

They both remain in custody and are due to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court later today.

Three children, believed to be 14-year-old Demi Pearson, 8-year-old Brandon Pearson and 7-year-old Lacie Pearson, died in the blaze.

Their 35-year-old mother and three-year-old sister remain in hospital.

Two 16-year-old boys were able to escape the property.

The Manchester Fire Service was called to the house in Jackson Street, Walkden at 4.58am on Monday, December 11.

GMP has voluntarily referred the case to the Independent Police Complaints Commission due to previous contact with the family as a result of previous incidents at the property.

Security measures had been put in place at the mid-terrace home, including the fitting of a device to the property’s letterbox.

The arrangements, known as target hardening, are generally used to strengthen a building to protect it in the event of an attack.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed there had been “earlier incidents” at the address.

It is understood the voluntary referral was in response to police contact with the family less than 24 hours before the fatal incident.

 

LOL Africa

Again, Gorilla Swallows N6.8m in Kano Zoo.

Published

on

Another trending but shocking story is the claim that a big Gorilla swallowed N6.8 million in the Kano Zoological Gardens during Sallah celebration. 

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

According to reports in the media, the Chief Revenue Officer for the zoo, when approached, said on Wednesday, that the said money, approximately six million, eight hundred and twenty thousand naira, was money realised as gate fee from fun-seekers who had visited the zoo during Sallah celebration  to watch the animals.

A local radio station in the state, Freedom Radio had reported on Thursday that one of the finance officers it spoke with had said that one huge Gorilla sneaked into their office and carried the money and ran away, where it went and allegedly swallowed the close to seven million naira.

Also, when asked, the Managing Director of the zoo, Kashekobo, confirmed the development to newsmen but, however, said that he had nothing more to say about it other than that the matter was under investigation.

 ” the issue is under investigations for now and I don’t want to say anything concerning the matter. Many journalists have met me on the issue but I don’t want to say anything. All I can say is that the money got missing.” 

Also, confirming the report, the Police spokesperson in the state, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, said the matter was under investigation.

It would be recalled that in February 2018, one Philomina Chieshe, a sales clerk with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in Benue state, had claimed that a huge snake swallowed N36m, which the board made from sale of scratch card.


@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Continue Reading

Crime

Uganda: 80-year-old Man Mobbed Over Rape.

Published

on

80-year-old David Aporu from Kotoluk village in Kidongole Sub County in the eastern district of Bukedea was reportedly stoned to death for defiling a two-year-old girl. 

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

Aporu was killed on Thursday morning by a mob after accusing him of being a serial defile, and the latest was done while her parents were in the farm.

In an interview with newsmen, the area LCIII chairperson, Mr Samuel Okurut said though Aporu had become a problem to locals for his continuous offences (defilement), but condemned the Mob’s act.

“I don’t support defilement but what happened is bad. They (mob) should have left justice to take its course by taking him to police. What the mob did was bad.” 

Mr Okurut said upon return from the fields, the girl’s parents found her crying and bleeding profusely from her private parts.

“When her mother tried to ask what had happened, the girl just pointed at Aporu before she made an alarm that attracted other people. In the past, police arrested Aporu more than thrice on defilement charges but would release him under unclear circumstances,” he added.

His body was taken to Bukedea Health Centre IV mortuary for postmortem before it’s given to relatives for burial.
Mr Ezra Tugume, DPC Bukedea condemned the act, accusing the community of taking the law into their hands.

“We have launched a manhunt of all those who participated in the mob justice. They will be taken to court to answer murder charges,” he added.


@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved