page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

New 21-member cabinet commissioned to battle Economic crisis in Sudan.

Published

on

Sudan’s new 21-member cabinet will be sworn in on Friday and will be hard pressed to deal with a growing economic crisis.

Sudan has been grappling with an acute foreign exchange shortage and inflation above 65 percent for several months, prompting Bashir on Sunday to sack his 31-member cabinet to “fix the situation”.



The ruling National Congress Party (NCP), in a late meeting Thursday, approved the ministers chosen by Prime Minister Moutaz Mousa Abdallah, who had been tasked with forming a new government after he himself was sworn in on Monday.

The executive bureau of NCP approved the nominated people from the party to take their positions as ministers,” Faisal Hassan Ibrahim, a top aide to Bashir, told reporters after the party meeting.

bm--i-refer--i-sell-i-buy

Sudan’s president Omar al-Bashir sacked the previous government last week and is expected to chair the first meeting for the new team on Sunday.

The cabinet is due to be sworn in on Friday, and is scheduled to hold its first meeting on Sunday.

Several ministers from the previous government were retained in the new, smaller cabinet.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The ministers of foreign and oil were also retained from the previous government. They had been appointed to their posts just months ago following an earlier cabinet reshuffle.

The authorities swiftly moved in, arresting several activists and opposition leaders.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Motherland News

Tunisian President Beji Essebsi hospitalised.

Published

on

92-year-old Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi, has been hospitalised in a military hospital after suffering a “severe health crisis.”

This was disclosed by the presidency minutes ago.

More details available later,  as soon as they are realesd.

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigeria: Residents Cry For Help After Ilorin Flood

Published

on

According to reports, the area experienced a heavy downpour around 4pm on Wednesday which lasted for about three hours.

One of the victims, Mr Femi Olaoye, whose house was taken over by flood, said he was helpless as the water entered his siting room and kitchen.

“I was bitter and sad as there is nothing I could do to stop the flood from entering my house. It was only me and my two children at home. I wept bitterly to witness such terrible occurrence.

“All my electronics were damaged beyond repair. Even the bedroom has turned to swimming pool. I am confused,” 

Another resident, Mr Yusuf Taiwo said the flood came as a nightmare to him as his furniture, bookshelf and electronics were destroyed by the flood.

“Even some vital documents that I placed on the floor in my room have been destroyed by the flood.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved