page contents
Connect with us

Crime

Police reports Man shoots lover, turns gun on himself in South Africa

Published

on

A man shot and killed his girlfriend, wounded her uncle on the leg and then turned the gun on himself.

This happened in Moletsane, Soweto on Sunday night and a dispute between the two is believed to have led to the murder-suicide of the couple. The uncle survived.



Gauteng police spokesperson Captain Kay Makhubela told newsmen that they will be investigating the circumstances around the incident.

“At the moment what we know is that there was a fight where he shot the girlfriend, shot the uncle and shot himself. The uncle is in hospital.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“We don’t know the motive of the incident. We are investigating. A case of murder and inquest has been opened as well as a case of attempted murder,” he said.

 Makhubela urged women to report any incidents of abuse.

“The important thing is that if people have issues in terms of domestic violence, that matter must be reported to the police as soon as possible rather than to wait for such a tragedy.”

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

24 Hours Across Africa

‘Myca’ laid to rest after bloody Incident.

Published

on

Philippine

Scores of people calls for justice after witnessing the burial ceremony of late Myca Ulpina,

The authorities has come under criticism over the death of the 3- year old child.

Ulpina was what police called “collateral damage”, an unintended death among some 6,600 people whom police say they have killed in shootouts during President Rodrigo Duterte three-year crackdown.

Filipino activists say tens of thousands are being killed as police terrorize poor communities, using cursory drug “watch lists” to identify suspected users or dealers, and executing many of them under the guise of sting operations.

Police and the government reject that as lies and say those killed were armed and resisted arrest, including the toddler’s father, Renato, whom they said used his daughter as a human shield in a June 29 incident in Rizal province, near Manila.

“I can’t count how many masses I’ve held for victims of the war on drugs, but one thing I’ve discovered is none of them fought back,” priest Noel Gatchailan said at the mass on Tuesday, his eyes welling with tears.

“Sorry Myca, for I wasn’t able to protect you … Sorry that you were born at a time when the poor are targeted and killings are rampant. Sorry if they’re saying you’re collateral damage.”

About 60 people crammed into the space, mostly standing, among them activists, family and friends wearing T-shirts that said “Justice for Myca”, and “stop the attacks against the poor”.

In a yard outside strewn with trash, old clothes and broken furniture, a group of police carrying assault rifles stood guard.

Ulpina’s killing comes as the 47-member United Nations Human Rights Council prepares to vote this week on a resolution that calls for a U.N. investigation into the drugs war, heeding pleas from activists and lawyers for the international community to intervene to stop the bloodshed.

The Philippines has dismissed the resolution as interference and cited Duterte’s approval rating, which hit a record high last month, as evidence of resounding public backing for his anti-drugs campaign.

Foreign governments are being “misled by false news and untruthful narratives”, according to Duterte’s spokesman, while the Dangerous Drugs Board,

The country’s narcotics control body, on Tuesday said facts were being distorted “to present a morbid picture of the anti-drug campaign”.

Accounts of what happened vary. Police said operatives had tried to buy drugs from Ulpina’s father, who pulled a gun on them and killed one of their officers while using the child as shield.

Ulpina’s mother, who has asked not to be identified by name, said police burst into her home without a warrant as her family slept.

Her daughter was killed by a stray bullet and wasn’t used as a shield, she said.

KINDLY FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA & SHARE THIS STORY
INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

@ Anttention FreshWe work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP
Submit Your Story: Click Here to Submit    Contact: allmails@antvt.com
Breaking News: SMS: +2347066663071, Whatsapp: +2347066663071, Email: allmails@antvt.com
TO UPLOAD & PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS CLICK IMAGE
JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGE

Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

Diezani ‘s $40 million jewellery confisticated

Published

on

A Nigerian court has ordered the imminent seizure of Dieziani ‘s $40 million worth of jewellery.

The items included hundreds of bangles, rings, earrings, necklaces and watches and all the items were found at a property owned by Alison-Madueke.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said in a statement that all of Diezani ‘s Jewellery would be seized.

Alison-Madueke, was charged by the EFCC in absentia for money laundering in 2017. Her whereabouts are unknown, and a London-based lawyer who has represented her did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In 2017, a court allowed the government to permanently seize a $37.5 million apartment block she owned in an upscale Lagos neighbourhood.

We guess Diezani ‘s Jewellery will be converted to cash and put back into the coffers of the country.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved