page contents
Connect with us

Motherland News

USA: Mum-of-two left with hole in her face after she dismissed cancer as stubborn spot.

Published

on

A mum-of-two has been left with a hole in her face after dismissing skin cancer as a ‘stubborn spot.’

Keely Jones, 40, was advised to see a dermatologist after her beautician noticed the red blemish on her face but she ignored her concerns.

Keely from North Carolina, USA, was convinced that the bump on her temple was just a spot as she’d rarely exposed her skin to the sun.

But after being tested Keely was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma – a skin cancer that can cause extreme disfigurement if left untreated – two months ago.

The growth – which left Keely with a hole the size of a five pence piece on her forehead – was removed and required over 20 stitches to close.

She is now sharing her own story to warn others of the risks of skin cancer.

Keely, who owns a beauty company, said: “I don’t usually have blemishes on my face, so it was unusual for me to get a spot.

“I thought it was just a stubborn one, so I just continued to pick it and every time it would just scab over and bleed.

After going for a facial I was advised to go and see a dermatologist after the beautician noticed the spot, but it took months to get referred to a clinic.

“I only ever used tanning beds when I was in my teens and I hardly went in the sun anymore – and when I was in the sun my face would always be covered.

“I’m lucky that I got the lump removed when it did, or it’s likely that the cancer would’ve spread across my face.

“Despite the spot being so small, I had to have removals three times to make sure all of the cancer was gone.

“I had to have over 20 stitches to close up the hole. Last week I had them taken out, so now I am just left with a small scar.

“Working in the beauty industry it does make me very self-conscious, but I hope that my story can show people the real dangers of skin cancer.”

Keely initially visited her dermatologist in September after concerns were raised about her skin.

She added: “After seeing the dermatologist , they decided to do a biopsy on my temple as it looked concerning.

“A week later I received a call and was told that I had cancer.

“I then had to have three more surgeries to remove the spot from my temple and to get all of the cancer out.

“When it was removed and I saw the massive hole on my temple I was so shocked – the spot was so little, but they needed to remove so much more skin.

“The hole was then stitched together, but luckily I had these stiches removed just last week and it’s unlikely that I will need any more surgery.

“I’ll still have to go for checkups though because the chance of having another cancerous spot is now higher.”

Keely is now recovering after having her stitches removed on November 21 and is now using her story to raise awareness to others.

Keely said: “For the next few weeks I can’t exercise, pick up the children or sleep on my right hand side.

“These photographs of me are more than unflattering, and as someone who works in beauty I found it quite hard to share them.

“But hopefully it will help at least one person learn the importance of looking after their skin.

“Skin cancer can happen to anyone – I hardly used tanning beds, and always avoided the sun, and I still managed to end up with skin cancer.”

LOL Africa

Again, Gorilla Swallows N6.8m in Kano Zoo.

Published

on

Another trending but shocking story is the claim that a big Gorilla swallowed N6.8 million in the Kano Zoological Gardens during Sallah celebration. 

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

According to reports in the media, the Chief Revenue Officer for the zoo, when approached, said on Wednesday, that the said money, approximately six million, eight hundred and twenty thousand naira, was money realised as gate fee from fun-seekers who had visited the zoo during Sallah celebration  to watch the animals.

A local radio station in the state, Freedom Radio had reported on Thursday that one of the finance officers it spoke with had said that one huge Gorilla sneaked into their office and carried the money and ran away, where it went and allegedly swallowed the close to seven million naira.

Also, when asked, the Managing Director of the zoo, Kashekobo, confirmed the development to newsmen but, however, said that he had nothing more to say about it other than that the matter was under investigation.

 ” the issue is under investigations for now and I don’t want to say anything concerning the matter. Many journalists have met me on the issue but I don’t want to say anything. All I can say is that the money got missing.” 

Also, confirming the report, the Police spokesperson in the state, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, said the matter was under investigation.

It would be recalled that in February 2018, one Philomina Chieshe, a sales clerk with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in Benue state, had claimed that a huge snake swallowed N36m, which the board made from sale of scratch card.


@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Continue Reading

Crime

Uganda: 80-year-old Man Mobbed Over Rape.

Published

on

80-year-old David Aporu from Kotoluk village in Kidongole Sub County in the eastern district of Bukedea was reportedly stoned to death for defiling a two-year-old girl. 

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

Aporu was killed on Thursday morning by a mob after accusing him of being a serial defile, and the latest was done while her parents were in the farm.

In an interview with newsmen, the area LCIII chairperson, Mr Samuel Okurut said though Aporu had become a problem to locals for his continuous offences (defilement), but condemned the Mob’s act.

“I don’t support defilement but what happened is bad. They (mob) should have left justice to take its course by taking him to police. What the mob did was bad.” 

Mr Okurut said upon return from the fields, the girl’s parents found her crying and bleeding profusely from her private parts.

“When her mother tried to ask what had happened, the girl just pointed at Aporu before she made an alarm that attracted other people. In the past, police arrested Aporu more than thrice on defilement charges but would release him under unclear circumstances,” he added.

His body was taken to Bukedea Health Centre IV mortuary for postmortem before it’s given to relatives for burial.
Mr Ezra Tugume, DPC Bukedea condemned the act, accusing the community of taking the law into their hands.

“We have launched a manhunt of all those who participated in the mob justice. They will be taken to court to answer murder charges,” he added.


@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved