page contents
Connect with us

News

Woman banned from every UK prison after smuggling ‘fruit pastille’ to her fiancé

Published

on

A woman has been banned from every jail in Britain after she passed her fiancé what she claims was a fruit pastille.  Melissa Hopper, 26, went to visit her baby’s father David Scott, who is a convicted drug gang member. During her visit, CCTV caught her passing him an ‘unauthorised article’ – which she insists was a sweet. ‘They obviously think it was drugs but it was just a Fruit Pastille that was thrown down a top,’ she said. ‘We were just having a laugh but now our baby might not be able to see her dad. ‘The baby needs to know her dad and I’m suffering from depression, so this is just making it worse.’

Staff at HMP Holme House in Stockton-on-Tees, Teesside, have barred Melissa  from visiting David for six months. Melissa claims Scott picked the sweet up and ate it during a visit on November 10. ‘They won’t say exactly what it is but they have basically implied he’s taken drugs, yet offered no proof,’ she said.

‘If it was drugs, why didn’t they drug test or nick him? ‘It was just a sweet and of course it is going to get eaten – what do they expect me to do, bin it?’ In March, Scott, 32, of High Newham, Hardwick, was locked up for more than six years for his role in a multi-million pound trans-Pennine plot to flood Teesside’s streets with heroin.

Image result for Woman banned from every UK prison after smuggling ‘fruit pastille’

After Melissa is allowed back, she faces another six months of ‘closed visits’, which means the couple will be separated by a panel. ‘It means I can’t touch him, and neither can his daughter,’ she said. ‘It is his family who will suffer.’ Melissa claims to have contacted both a solicitor and her Stockton North MP, Labour’s Alex Cunningham, to try to get the ban quashed.

However the Ministry of Justice seem set to hold firm over the ban. An MoJ spokesperson said: ‘We do not tolerate anyone breaking prison rules, and those that do so will face appropriate disciplinary action.’ HMP Holme House is currently spending millions of pounds to stamp out drug use and increase security. Last year it was announced that £9m will fund new body scanners to crack down on the use of new psychoactive substances, most commonly spice. Earlier this year, the category B jail was put in lockdown after staff fell sick inhaling spice fumes.

 

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

24 Hours Across Africa

Juventus seal Maurizio Sarri deal

Published

on

images (2)

Source :BBC

Maurizio Sarri has left Chelsea to become manager of Serie A champions Juventus on a three-year deal.

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

Sarri, who joined the Blues from Napoli in July 2018, led them to third in the Premier League and won the Europa League in his one season in charge.

It is understood compensation in excess of £5m has been agreed between the two clubs for the 60-year-old.

Sarri will replace fellow Italian Massimiliano Allegri, who left Juventus at the end of last season.

“In talks we had following the Europa League final, Maurizio made it clear how strongly he desired to return to his native country, explaining that his reasons for wanting to return to work in Italy were significant,” said Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia.

“He also believed it important to be nearer his family, and for the well-being of his elderly parents he felt he needed to live closer to them at this point.”

Sarri signed a three-year deal last July but now becomes the ninth full-time manager to leave Chelsea under Roman Abramovich, who bought the club in 2003.

Derby boss and former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has been linked with taking over from Sarri but the Blues are yet to make contact with the Rams.

The Championship club are keen to extend Lampard’s deal – which has two years left – and have opened talks with the 40-year-old.

Chelsea are unable to sign any players after being given a two-window transfer ban by world governing body Fifa – a decision they are appealing against at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.


@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

Hong kong: two million protesters demand Lam to resign.

Published

on

images

Source: Reuters

Hong Kong’s leader Carrie Lam apologized to its people on Sunday as an estimated 1 million-plus black-clad protesters insisted that she resign over her handling of a bill that would allow citizens to be sent to mainland China for trial.

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

Organizers said almost 2 million turned out on Sunday to demand that chief executive Lam step down in what is becoming the most significant challenge to China’s relationship with the territory since it was handed back by Britain 22 years ago.

Sunday’s demonstration came in spite of Lam indefinitely delaying – though not withdrawing – the bill on Saturday in a dramatic climbdown that threw into question her ability to continue to lead the city.

On Sunday, she apologized for the way the government had handled the draft law, which had been scheduled for debate last Wednesday, but gave no further insight into its fate.

Organizers pressed ahead with the protest to demand the bill’s full withdrawal, as well as to mark their anger at the way police handled a demonstration against it on Wednesday, when more than 70 people were injured by rubber bullets and tear gas.

Some of Sunday’s marchers held signs saying, “Do not shoot, we are HongKonger.”

Police said the demonstration reached 338,000 at its peak. Organizers and police have routinely produced vastly different estimates at recent demonstrations.

Organizers estimated a protest the week before drew 1 million while police said 240,000.

“It’s much bigger today. Many more people,” said one protester who gave her name as Ms Wong. “I came today because of what happened on Wednesday, with the police violence.”

Loud cheers rang out when activists called through loud hailers for Lam’s resignation and the cry “step down” echoed through the streets.

“(An) apology is not enough,” said demonstrator Victor Li, 19.

@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved