Connect with us

Motherland News

Photo: 20-year-old Eniola Balogun jailed for 21 years for raping five teenage girls in the UK, placed on sex offenders register for life.

Published

on

Share With Friends:

A 20-year-old man has been jailed after being convicted of multiple rapes following two trials in the UK.

Eniola Balogun was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday, December 15, to a total of 21 years’ imprisonment

Balogun, of no fixed address but from the Tottenham area pleaded guilty at Wood Green Crown Court on 19 September to four counts of rape on four separate teenage girls, aged between 13 and 16 – he also pleaded guilty to the possession of indecent images of child.

Balogun had been found guilty of a further three counts of rape following an earlier trial at the same venue on 30 March. These offences related to one victim – a 16-year-old girl.

The Judge also ordered Balogun is subject to an extended licence period of eight years which will come into effect on his release from prison.

Balogun will be placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life and will be subject to a sexual harm prevention order.

Balogun, a US citizen, was living with his family in Tottenham at the time of his offending. Whilst there, between June and August 2016, he persuaded young girls through social media (Snapchat and Instagram) or in the street, to send him indecent photographs.

Armed with these photos, he threatened to distribute the images unless they met up with him.
When they met up, he raped them. On all occasions, Balogun took their phones off them and promised to return their phones after sexual contact. Two of the victims were threatened with violence if they resisted.

The five victims, aged between 13 and 16 years old, met up at a variety of locations in Tottenham, Harlow, Thamesmead and Woolwich. Some victims were told to perform sexual acts via video on more than one occasion.

Detective Sergeant Tony Killeen, from the Met’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command, said:

“I wish to acknowledge the courage of these young people in coming forward and providing the vital evidence needed to prosecute Balogun.

“The teenage girls were victims of online sexual offences and did not recognise that they were being abused. He used his social media profile to gain their trust, share intimate photos and then used those images to coerce his victims into sexual activity.

“My advice to any child or young person is: do not share pictures online that you would find embarrassing if anyone else, such as your friends or parents were to see them as you have no control over the images once sent.

But if you are worried about someone sharing intimate pictures of you online please don’t let embarrassment stop you from contacting the police. Alternatively, online abuse can be reported online to the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre. Advice on online grooming can be found on many websites such as the NSPCC.

“Balogun is a prolific sexual offender and it cannot be discounted that he has sexually abused other people. If you have been a victim of Balogun, please contact police via 101 – specially trained officers are there to support you.”

Share With Friends:

24 Hours Across Africa

Salah withdraws from Egypt Squad

Published

on

Share With Friends:

Egypt Football Federation has leave out Mohammed Salah on the upcoming AFCON qualifiers match with Kenya due to injury worries.

Egypt were grouped with kenya, Togo, Comoros in Group G, football fans has tipped Egypt to top the group due to their attacking threat.

The Egyptian talisman has now been ruled out of the upcoming AFCON qualifiers after due assessment by Egypt’s medical team.

The physios believe the Liverpool star’s injury, which was sustained from a challenge by Leicester City’s Hamza Choudhury earlier last month, has been aggravated during the clash against Manchester City and needed time to heal.

The Egyptian frontman will miss the two matches scheduled this week.

@ Anttention Fresh,                
We work hard to ensure that any news brought to you is legitimate and valuable so we leave out the noise. This material, and other digital content on this website, may be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part BUT give us credit as your source. 

DOWNLOAD ANTTENTION FRESH NEWS ON THE GO APP

JOIN AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY CLICK IMAGEonline training

Share With Friends:
Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

Groups criticise Kenya’s census figures

Published

on

Share With Friends:

Groups has criticised the released Kenya’s population census figures stating that the results are not accurate.

It found that the total population of the country is now 47.6 million, nine million more than in 2009.

But some regions have experienced a decrease in population.

These outcomes can be hugely controversial because the size of the local population has important implications for the level of government funding they receive.

Kenya’s population is made up of many different ethnic groups, closely aligned to competing political parties.

The government has yet to release all the data on the ethnic composition of the country, but the changes in population in certain regions from this latest census have already caused arguments.

The outcome of such surveys can embolden or weaken claims made by groups for political representation or resources.

In one area of the north-east territories bordering Ethiopia and Somalia, the census indicates a decrease in the population, prompting local political leaders looking to retain funding for their provinces to question the veracity of the survey

Share With Friends:
Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Oven-Hot

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved