Connect with us

Motherland News

Woman beheads husband during quarrel, chops up his body and drops them off at multiple locations.

Published

on

A 32-year-old Vietnamese woman, Hoang Thi Hong Diem has admitted to have snatched a knife from her husband and chopped his head off after being threatened by him during an argument.

The victim, 37-year-old Tran Thanh Tu’s head and body parts were found in southern Vietnam on Saturday afternoon, December 16.

Photos: Woman beheads husband during quarrel, chops up his body and drops them off at multiple locations

His head, which was wrapped in a black plastic bag inside a backpack, was found by a garbage collector in Binh Duong. Several deep lacerations were also evident.

After being notified of the horrific find, relevant authorities arrived at the scene to begin investigating a murder.

By Sunday evening, officers had discovered a number of plastic bags containing human body parts inside a one kilometer radius from where the head was first discovered.

Colonel Tran Van Chinh, deputy director of the Department of Police in Binh Duong Province, confirmed on Monday morning that apprehended and is assisting the investigation into her husband’s death.

“Initial information reveals that the incident may have arisen from a conflict between a married couple,” Col. Chinh said.

“We are continuing the investigation to confirm if there were other accomplices involved.”

According to Diem’s statement, Tu returned to their tenanted house in Thuan An Commune, Binh Duong, on Friday night after drinking with friends.

An argument then broke out between the couple, during which Tu threatened to slash Diem with a knife, the woman recalled.

She then snatched the weapon from Tu, before chopping his head off with it. Fearing that she would get caught, Diem used the same knife to cut her husband’s body into pieces, wrapped each part in black plastic bags, and then dropped them off at multiple locations.

Diem then returned to her normal schedule before being arrested on Sunday.
She admitted to the crime on Monday morning, but was unable to remember the exact locations she had dumped the body parts.
Officers are still looking for the remainder of Tu’s corpse.

According to family members, Diem and Tu had been renting a home in the southern province for nearly a decade.

They are both workers at the same company.
The couple has a 14-year-old daughter and seven-year-old son, who are both living with their grandparents in the Mekong Delta.

Tu was said to be a sociable man who often talked to his neighbors, while his wife is described as more reserved. Arguments rarely happened in the family, according to locals.

Crime

Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnick under fresh corruption probe

Published

on

Several properties belonging to top officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), including its president Amaju Pinnick, have been seized in a fresh corruption probe.

The latest investigation and seizures are being carried out by the country’s Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission’s (ICPC).

The ICPC has published a newspaper advertisement about the properties seized – half of which belong to Pinnick.

According to the statement published in the Nigerian papers one of Pinnick’s properties is in London.

It comes amidst wide-ranging claims over how money meant for football development allegedly disappeared.

“We can’t go into further details beyond the fact that many officials of the NFF are under investigation,” ICPC spokesperson, Rasheedat Okoduwa said.

“It’s basically because what they have is in excess of what they have earned.”

The ICPC has also taken control of properties belonging to the NFF second vice-president Shehu Dikko and the general secretary Muhamed Sanusi among others.

Source: BBC

Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

Rwanda ban Burundi,s music star ahead of annual festival

Published

on

Burundian musician Jean Pierre Nimbona, popularly known as Kidum, has told the BBC he is confused by Rwanda’s decision to ban him from playing at the upcoming Kigali Jazz Fusion festival.

Kidum is one of Burundi’s biggest music stars and has performed in Rwanda for the past 16 years.

But a police official phoned the musician’s manager to warn that he would only be allowed to make private visits to Rwanda.

“[My manager was told] Kidum is not supposed to perform, tell him to leave. If he comes for private visits fine, but no performances,” the musician told BBC’s Focus on Africa radio programme.

The mayor of Rwanda’s capital said that in this instance permission had not been sought from the authorities for him to perform at the festival in Kigali.

Kidum was a leading peace activist during Burundi’s civil war between 1993 and 2003 and used his songs to call for reconciliation.

The 44-year-old musician said he had never had problems with Rwandan authorities until recently when three of his shows were cancelled at the last minute – including one in December 2018.

That month Burundi had banned Meddy, a musician who is half-Burundian, half-Rwandan, from performing in the main city of Bujumbura.

Kidum said he was unsure if the diplomatic tensions between Burundi and Rwanda had influenced his ban.

“I don’t know, I don’t have any evidence about that. And if there was politics, I’m not a player in politics, I’m just a freelance musician based in Nairobi,” he said.

He said he would not challenge the ban: “There’s nothing I can do, I just wait until maybe the decision is changed some day.

“It’s similar to a family house and you are denied entry… so you just have to wait maybe until the head of the family decides otherwise.”

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved