Connect with us

News

Mourinho shrugs off Premier League title question

Published

on

Jose Mourinho refused to say whether he thinks his Manchester United squad are strong enough to compete for the Premier League title next season.

United have brought in three players for about £68m this summer, and the 55-year-old told newsmen he would like to sign “two more players”.

When he was asked at a news conference if he was confident of challenging, Mourinho said: “I don’t answer your question.”



United were runners-up to Manchester City last season, finishing 19 points behind the champions, and lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final.

The £47m spent on midfielder Fred has been their biggest outlay of the summer.

The club have also been linked with Chelsea’s Brazilian midfielder Willian, Eintracht Frankfurt’s Croatia winger Ante Rebic and Tottenham’s Belgian defender Toby Alderweireld.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Mourinho was speaking to the media in Los Angeles before his side’s pre-season friendly against AC Milan on Thursday.

The United boss said he was not fully satisfied on the USA tour because he was without several members of his first-team squad, who are on a break following the World Cup.

The Red Devils had 12 players competing at the tournament, with eight featuring in the semi-finals. Tottenham also had 12 players in Russia while Manchester City had 16.

“I don’t have the majority of the players that are going to be in the squad on 9 August when the market [transfer window] closes and we can make it official for the season. So of course I’m not happy, to have just a few players,” he added.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

24 Hours Across Africa

Zimbawe’s doctor goes missing after masterminding strike

Published

on

Fearless Zimbabwe’s minister of health has called on the government to address insecurity lapses that has lead to the disappearance Peter Magombeyi, the head of a doctor’s union, who disappeared on Saturday.

Fears are rising over the fate of Zimbabwe medical doctor Dr Peter Magombeyi after he sent a message to say he had been abducted in that country by unknown persons – apparently for demanding a “living wage”.

An AFP report earlier on Sunday quoted the Zimbabwe Hospital Doctor’s Association (ZHDA) as saying Magombeyi had not been heard from since he sent a WhatsApp message on Saturday night saying he had been “kidnapped by three men”.

Zimbabwe doctors, who earn a miserly equivalent of about R3 000 are on strike to press for better wages, equipment and medicines in state hospitals.

The ZHDA has reportedly accused state security forces of abducting the doctor because of his role in organising work stoppages.

This week some doctors said the death of deposed Robert Mugabe, 95, in a Singapore hospital on 6 September was an indication of how bad health services in Zimbabwe

“Dr Magombeyi’s crime is only to ask for a living wage for his profession. This is a reflection of the troubles born out of refusal to implement Political Reforms.”

The Zimbabwe government led by Emmerson Mnangagwa has not publicly commented on the doctor’s disappearance

Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

South Africans ask Nigerians for forgiveness as they troop out in masses

Published

on

Say no to Xenophobia, South Africans troop out in masses carrying banner and asking for forgiveness from Nigerians after weeks of xenophobic attacks.

The south Africans sangs as they marched through the street and also held up a banner which called for unity among Africans, week after the attack which led to destruction of properties and looting of shops owned by foreigners.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved