Italy express optimism in bringing Giulio Regeni’s killer to book.

Italy is hoping for a breakthrough in investigations into the murder of Italian student Giulio Regeni before the end of the year.

Italian Deputy Prime Minister Luigi Di Maio, who met Sisi on Wednesday, said judicial officials from Italy and Egypt, who have been investigating the Regeni case jointly, were due to meet “soon”.



“I hope that by the end of the year we will achieve a breakthrough and that the meeting between the judicial authorities can take place as soon as possible.

Obviously, we don’t run them, because they are the judges. But on our side and the Egyptian side, there is a desire to ask for acceleration’‘, Di Maio said.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Egyptian officials have denied any involvement and President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi said last month that Egypt was determined to conclude a joint investigation and bring Regeni’s killers to justice.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

2018-08-30

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.