Award-winning Nigerian singer, David ‘Davido’ Adeleke on Saturday announced his donation of N250m to orphanages across Nigeria. That man is positively messing with the dynamics which control balance and nature.
According to the singer, the money came from his N100m challenge which raked in N201m in three days.
Making the announcement via his Instagram page, Davido stated that he has decided to add N50m to the donation from fans and colleagues.
In total, Davido is set to support orphanages across Nigeria with a sum of N250m.
Following the successful contribution, the singer has decided to give back to society.
Watch announcement video below:
Davido also set up a five-man committee to oversee the disbursement of the funds, as he promised that their activities would be made public.
See official statement below:
Below are those on the committee:
1. Mrs Titi Adebayo – Chairman of the committee.
2. Professor Jonathan Nwosu – Secretary of the committee.
3. Professor Yahana Joel Asabe of the Northern Nigeria Seventh Day Adventist Union Conference.
4. Pastor (Dr) Oyalabu of Spring Time Development Foundation (SDF).
5. Professor Uloma Onuoha
1. Mrs Titi Adebayo, who is the Chairman of the committee, is the founder/CEO of Paroche Reach Out Foundation.
The foundation was launched in loving memory of Taiwo ‘Paroche’ Adebayo, who passed away on August 20, 2012 as a result of injuries sustained when he was knocked over by a drunk driver in a hit and run incident. He was 26-year-old and a graduate of Babcock University.
The foundation was created to build on, and consolidate the virtues of Taiwo; to campaign against substance usage/abuse/addiction, and to bring about the desired and unprecedented post-rehabilitation care for those struggling with any kind of addiction.
2. Prof. Jonathan Chinaka Nwosu of the Faculty of Education is the Registrar, Babcock University. Nwosu is the Secretary of the committee.
3. Professor Yahana Joel Asabe of the Northern Nigeria Seventh Day Adventist Union Conference. The Seventh-day Adventist Church is a major Christian denomination with a significant presence in Nigeria. The Church splits Nigeria into three unions – Northern Nigerian Union Conference, Western Nigeria Union Conference and Eastern Nigerian Union Conference.
4. Pastor (Dr.) Oyalabu Samuel is the Chief Executive Officer of Spring Time Development Foundation (SDF). The foundation, is a not-for-profit and nongovernmental body. The birth of SDF in 1996 was to harness and account for Deji Adeleke’s philanthropic deeds. Davido’s father, Adedeji Tajudeen Adeleke is the founder of the foundation.
5. Professor Uloma Doris Onuoha, a member of the committee, is the Librarian of Adeleke University.
She is a Professor of Library and Information Resources Management. She holds a first degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Jos, two Masters degrees in Library and Information Science (University of Ibadan, 2006) and Personnel Psychology (Olabisi Onabanjo University, 2003). She obtained a Ph.D. in Information Resources Management from Babcock University in 2012.