Connect with us

News

Mother throws her newborn baby from 17th floor of condo to his death to spite her married ex-boyfriend who abandoned her

Published

on

Police in Pattaya, Thailand have arrested a 20- year old- mother who put her newborn baby boy in a plastic bag and threw him to his death from the 17th floor of a condominium.

Shocked investigators and rescue staff were called to a Pattaya condominium after the newborn baby boy was thrown from a condominium to the ground on Monday, November 6.

The little boy had come loose from a plastic bag and had massive trauma to the head. Phitak Nernsaeng from Pattaya police arrived on the scene at Pattaya Sai 2 late afternoon Monday with medics from Sawang Boriboon Muang Pattaya.

Police were told by a curtain fitter called Apichart, 26, who was working in Room 473 on the fourth floor, that he had seen the plastic bag fly past his window. He turned his head to see it hit the ground and saw that it had contained an infant.

Photos: Mother throws her newborn baby to his death from 17th floor of condo to spite her married ex-boyfriend who abandoned her

After regaining his composure he rushed to inform condo security who alerted the authorities, reported Sanook.

Local police chief Apichai Krobpetch said that the baby’s mother, Netchanok “Beam” Nokyungthong showed no sadness or remorse. She did it to spite her married South Korean ex-boyfriend who had left her.

CCTV and information received had led the shocked police to a room on the 17th floor where they found Ms Nokyungthong.

In the room were clothing and flip-flops covered in blood thrown in the trash and bloodstains on the wall of the bathroom and window leading to the balcony. They recovered what looked like an umbilical cord on the bathroom floor.

Beam told the police that she had known the father of the child for two years. He is a South Korean engineer who has a wife from his country and lives in Sri Racha. She said he used to come and see her occasionally. But when she became pregnant he did not want to see her anymore, she said.

She said that on Saturday night she suddenly went into labor and gave birth to her son in the bathroom of the condo.

She said matter-of-factly that the boy was fine. But because she was upset with her ex boyfriend and had no money she decided to put him in a plastic bag and throw him out the window.

Chief Apichai said that the mother still had blood coming from her body and she was sent to Banglamung Hospital.

He told the press that she was not sad or remorseful in any way whatsoever. She is being processed for prosecution.

24 Hours Across Africa

Hong kong train accident leaves eight injured.

Published

on

A rare train derailment disrupted services in Hong Kong on Tuesday, the rail operator said, threatening commuter chaos during rush hour.

The disruption to a usually seamless network used by nearly 6 million people every weekday happened after a train derailed while leaving a station in the Kowloon area, rail operator MTR Corp said.

The government’s information department said eight people were injured and five had been taken to hospital.

Rex Auyeung Pak-kuen, chairman of MTR Corp, told reporters that a derailment had not happened in many years and the cause was not immediately clear.

“We will work together with the government to find out the truth as soon as possible so as to continue to provide safe services,” he said. “We apologize that our passengers were injured in the accident.”

Hong Kong’s rail system has been a target of vandalism during recent pro-democracy protests, with activists angry that MTR has closed stations to stop protesters gathering.

Television footage showed hundreds of passengers trying to get off the derailed train. Public broadcaster RTHK said the train had suddenly swayed and a door had flown off before the train stopped.

Nearby stations were overcrowded, and intervals between trains were extended to 12 minutes from two.

MTR’s shares fell 1.1% in line with the broader Hang Seng Index, which was down 1%.

Continue Reading

24 Hours Across Africa

Rwanda ban Burundi,s music star ahead of annual festival

Published

on

Burundian musician Jean Pierre Nimbona, popularly known as Kidum, has told the BBC he is confused by Rwanda’s decision to ban him from playing at the upcoming Kigali Jazz Fusion festival.

Kidum is one of Burundi’s biggest music stars and has performed in Rwanda for the past 16 years.

But a police official phoned the musician’s manager to warn that he would only be allowed to make private visits to Rwanda.

“[My manager was told] Kidum is not supposed to perform, tell him to leave. If he comes for private visits fine, but no performances,” the musician told BBC’s Focus on Africa radio programme.

The mayor of Rwanda’s capital said that in this instance permission had not been sought from the authorities for him to perform at the festival in Kigali.

Kidum was a leading peace activist during Burundi’s civil war between 1993 and 2003 and used his songs to call for reconciliation.

The 44-year-old musician said he had never had problems with Rwandan authorities until recently when three of his shows were cancelled at the last minute – including one in December 2018.

That month Burundi had banned Meddy, a musician who is half-Burundian, half-Rwandan, from performing in the main city of Bujumbura.

Kidum said he was unsure if the diplomatic tensions between Burundi and Rwanda had influenced his ban.

“I don’t know, I don’t have any evidence about that. And if there was politics, I’m not a player in politics, I’m just a freelance musician based in Nairobi,” he said.

He said he would not challenge the ban: “There’s nothing I can do, I just wait until maybe the decision is changed some day.

“It’s similar to a family house and you are denied entry… so you just have to wait maybe until the head of the family decides otherwise.”

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Flag Counter
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved