If you want to travel to Canada from Nigeria or any other Africa country this article would guide you step by step on how to get visa to Canada From Nigeria. Canada has been the dream of a lot of people knowing How to get visa to Canada from Nigeria have been the need for a lot of people, whether you want to explore the beautiful cities of Canada like Toronto, Vancouver or want to study or work in Canada. This article would guide you on how to apply online and in person, read on to fully discover the process.
TYPES OF VISA AVAILABLE FOR CANADA MIGRANT
Several types of Visa are available for different individuals choice which are:
1. Student Visa.
2. Visitor visa.
3. Work Visa.
See the full list at the Canada official website here.
Visitor Visa: The visitor visa is categorized into 2, which are the single entry and the multiple entries. The single entry allows you to enter Canada once until the 6-month duration. This means you are not expected to leave the country before your 6-month duration expires or else you have to apply for another visitor visa.
The multiple entry visa allows you to enter and leave Canada as many times as you please.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CANADA VISITOR APPLICATION PROCESS
The time duration for a Canada visa application from Nigeria to Canada is 207 days.
Furthermore many things may extend it this could be:
1. The type of Visa you are applying for.
2. The number of applications received from other applicants.
3. If the information you provided is completed.
4. If the information you provided can be verified.
5. The time taken for you to reply to the request seenr6 from the Visa office.
6. The time you take to upload and verify your biometry Information.
7. How long it take for your application to be sent from Nigeria to the Canada Government.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CANADA VISITOR VISA
You can decide to apply in person or online, before deciding. Below are the reasons that How to get visa to Canada from Nigeria you should apply online:
1. No fees on couriers and mail delivery.
2. The application online may get more responses than in person.
3. Applying online would help avoid unnecessary delays.
4. If more details are to be submitted you can submit it online thereby saving time.
5. Get updates on your visa application online.
However, if you are applying online or in person they are steps you must follow:
1. You must gather the required documents.
2. You must pay the fee.
3. You must submit the application for approval either online or in person.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CANADA VISA FOR VISITOR (ONLINE)
Applying for Canada Visa online is simple and easy to do:
1. Visit the official Canada website https://www.canada.ca and select the menu option, click on immigration and citizenship and select visit.
2. Move your cursor down and select services and information. Section the “apply for a visitor visa” option.
3. once done select the apply button below.
4. You would be pointed to choose how you want to apply. Choose the online option and select the get instruction button.
Before you begin your application, it is very important you read the instruction, so you know what you would be asked. When you are ready, scroll down and select the apply for a visitor visa button.
Before proceeding you need to answer the queries below:
Select the second quarry below depending on your requests, select NO, if you have no application in process.
After that, you can sign in or create an IRCC Account to start your application process.
1. Before your application can be summited you need to pay the cost for the visa and submit your biometry information fees.
2. Upload your required documents.
Note: You need to submit all the requirements before you would be allowed to submit your application.
HOW TO GET VISA TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA IN PERSON
To apply in person you have to visit the VFS GLOBAL WEBSITE and click on the “Apply for a Visa” then click on the “Start now”.
They are 7 steps for easy application of the Canada Visa through the VFS global Website for an appointment:
Step 1: Identifying your Visa type
This is to make you find out the type of visa you need and how to apply for that type of visa.
Step 2: Begining your application process
HOW TO GET VISA TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA IN PERSON
To begin your application you have to download the application form and complete it. This can also be summited electronically.
Here is the link to the application form. Choose the right application form that matches your requirement, if you are going for a temporary Visa resident you should choose the IMM 5257. You are still required to print out the completed form along with 2 copies of the 2D barcode for How to get visa to Canada from Nigeria to be sucessful.
How to choose the right application form
To choose the right visa application form, download the form on the official website “application form”
select the ” A form or checklist” option.
scroll down and select the form that meet your requirements, if non, on the first page you can check the other page by clicking on the next button.
select the IMM5257 option if you are going for “Application for a Temporary Resident Visa” and it would download automatically.
Step 3: Schedule an appointment
You need to schedule an appointment so you can get your biometry information taken, and your photo at the visa application office. If you do not need to give biometry information and photo you still need to submit your application to the Visa application office.
If you are not sure if you need to submit biometry information and photo, you can check it out on the Official Canada Website.
To make an appointment at the application centre:
You can visit the VFS WEBSITE to book your appointment these following ways:
- Online: you can click the link to schedule an appointment.
- By calling: you have to call the helpline number of VFS GLOBAL 2348150199900
- By Email messaging: you can send them a message at their email address to book an appointment.
- By web chat: you can click on the Chat now.
- In-person: you can also visit the visa centre application in person.
Step 4: Paying the required fees
They are two fees to be paid, Application and Biometric fees.
The fees can change at any time, and if your application is rejected no refund are given.
Step 5: Tracking your Application
An email would be sent, to keep you informed, you an be able to get tracking information through SMS, sent directly to the number you provided,
You can be able to also get the tracking information on the VFS website or you can chat them up on the webchat, or call them on the phone on 2348150199900 or visit them at their office.
Step 6: Collecting Your Passport
After you have submitted your application process and a decision have been made, You are required to pick your Passport from the Visa application office, to collect your Passport in person that are some important documents to bring with you:
- A copy of your stamped biographic page passport (the page with your name, photograph, place of birth, and date)
- Provide an original Visa Application Service Receipt issued by the Visa Application office
- A form of government identification verification
To apply for your Canada Visitor Visa online in Nigeria:
Visit the official Canada website.
Create an account.
Complete your application online.
Pay the fees.
Submit your application.
To apply for your Canada Visitor Visa in person in Nigeria:
Get or download your documents
Complete your application process
Book an appointment (if biometrics and photo are required)
Pay the fees
Submit your application
Once you have your Visa, start your countdown to Canada!
Hope this article has helped you with How to get visa to Canada from Nigeria, Read also How to send money abroad in 6 easy ways