Sending money abroad has been made easier than before, Their are people who wish they know How to send money abroad to relatives or friends living abroad with the advancement and development in today’s world sending money abroad have been made more easier and faster than it was before.
Below are 6 easy ways on How to send money abroad:
Wise formally know as Transferwise is a fintech firm based in London and they are available worldwide, they are known to be one of the cheapest means to send money abroad internationally. In a ratio of 10, 9 people would prefer to use wise cause of Their fast time track, security, never monthly fees, and no minimum balance needed.
Advantages of Using wise
- Wise make use of real time exchange rate meaning the same rates that Google and other sources provide is what Wise use no delay of any kind.
- It is more cheaper than using banks to send money abroad or any other means out there.
- Wise is secured, licenced, and regulated.
- Over 3 million people uses Wise.
How to send money with Wise
Follow these steps to send money abroad internationally:
1. Create an account with wise:
- To start you need to create an account by visiting their website click here to create an account with wise.
- Creating an account with wise is Free and doesn’t have any hidden charges. The receiver does not need to have an account with wise to receive the sent money.
- Verification is needed sometimes, it is easy to do and if you are asked for verification it takes a maximum of 2 days period.
- You can register an account with wise as a Person you can also add your business if you wish.
2. Fill in the receiver details:
- After creating an account with wise and ready to send money abroad, you need to enter the details of the receiver. Money can be sent to friends, family, business partners, or even yourself if you are travelling abroad with wise.
- Enter correctly your account number and other details. Your receiver do not need to have a Wise account to receive the money abroad.
3. Pay for the Transfer:
- After filling in the recipient details, you need to pay the transfer money, which is very easy to do. This can be paid through a debit or credit card you can also pay through a local bank transfer. They are multiple payment options widely available depends on where you are sending From.
- It is better to pay with a credit or debit card as bank transfer would take more time for verification this is if you want to send the money quickly.
- After doing the above your payment is ready to get sent. If the recipient email is provided they would receive an email immediately concerning the transfer.
If you want to send money abroad with wise you can create an account here.
Wise is one of the easiest, fastest and cheapest ways to send money abroad and anyplace in the world.
PayPal is one of the World most used online payment Platforms, used by businesses and individuals to send and receive money across the globe. It is used by over 100 million people regularly. You can also use PayPal to send money abroad to friends, business partners and relatives. Creating a PayPal account is very easy to do.
Advantages of using PayPal:
- The recipient would have access to use PayPal for shopping online without redrawing the funds.
- Using PayPal to send money to friends and family is cost free.
- Interface is straightforward and easy to use.
- Your bank, debit and credit card details are well encrypted and high level of security to help prevent fraud.
How to send money with PayPal
1. Create an account
To create an account with PayPal is very easy go to PayPal or download the PayPal app from Playstore or Appstore and click on the signup option. If you are new to PayPal you are required to Fill in the details correctly and link your payment method before you can send money abroad. if you have PayPal before click on the sign-in option.
2. Add Money to your PayPal account
To add money to your PayPal from your bank account you need to have a PayPal cash account, it is totally free.
To add money using your bank account you need to first request for Paypal cash card. You would be sent a PayPal cash card if details are correctly filled in.
Once you received your PayPal Cash card you can add funds to your PayPal cash card plus with just using your PayPal cash card in any of the retail shops located worldwide.
Once done, sign in to the PayPal app or Website click on the wallet option, select the transfer money option and add the money to your balance, select your bank and input the amount of money you want to send, same goes for the Apps. It usually takes 3-4 days do the money to get formed.
Benefits of using a PayPal cash card
- you can make purchases online using your funds in your PayPal wallet, make purchases in physical stores and anywhere where the MasterCard is used.
- You can redraw money from your PayPal wallet balance from any MoneyPass ATM worldwide with no fees.
- Protection from unauthorized payment sent from your PayPal account.
- No monthly fees for maintenance is charged.
- You can signup to PayPal account here.
Payoneer is a finance company that provides an easy way to send and receive money from anywhere in the world. They have over 10 million daily users. Payoneer has proven to be one of the top finance companies to use to send money abroad.
Advantages of Using Payoneer
- Provide a quick and easy payment system to use.
- Have coverage to 200 countries.
- Schedule payments to more than 50 people at a time.
- Good customer care.
How to send money with Payoneer
1. Create an account with Payoneer: to create an account click here to signup for Payoneer. Ensure you fill in all your details required Such as attaching your government issued card it could be a passport or national identity card.
2. Once you have completed the registration, you will receive a mail that your card would be delivered. Once you have received the card, you have to activate it and you can now receive or send money anywhere in the world.
3. To start sending money you have to input your local account details and link them to Payoneer.
4. Note that Payoneer charges an annual service fee of $30.
You can start Creating your Payoneer account here.
Moneygram is an international finance company based in the United States, they allow you to send money abroad directly to the recipient’s bank account or recipients mobile wallet in selected Countries.
Advantages of using MoneyGram
1. Is the World second largest Money transfer company in the world.
2. Allows money to be sent directly to the recipient bank account.
3. You have huge options to send the money online, using their agent around the world, or with partner banks.
4. Fees vary depends on your location, amount and country.
How to send money with MoneyGram
Before sending money using MoneyGram they are some required information to provide.
1. issued ID by the government such as drivers license and passport.
2. You need to use the recipient issued name that matches the recipient identification.
3. Recipient location should be provided.
4. Money to be sent to the bank require the recipient bank account and name.
5. If the recipient uses a mobile wallet, it requires the mobile number of the recipient.
One’s you have the above information you should find a local MoneyGram agent near you or a partner bank.
Complete your transactions with the desired agents, give the agent the money to be sent, and all the transfer fees. The transfer fee varies.
One’s done notify the recipient, and save your receipts, share the number of the reference with the recipient for easy pickup. If you are using a bank transfer method, recipient’s would receive money in their bank account directly.
5. Western Union
Western Union is one of the safest and oldest finance companies to send and receive money from around the world and abroad. The sender can send money internationally to any recipient.
Advantages of Western Union
1. Easy way to send money abroad.
2. No hidden charges, with the Western Union you can keep track of the charges and fees.
3. You can repeatedly send money abroad to the same recipient once you have input the person’s details previously.
4. Western Union is Universally accepted.
How to send money with Western Union
To send money abroad with Western Union you have 4 methods in person, online, through phone calls or the western Union mobile app. You can send a minimum of £1000 in 1-2 months before identity verification would be asked.
1. You can visit their website to carry out transactions online visit here, or visit the Western Union branch near you.
2. Verify the name and address of the recipient, this is important so you know the city to send the money to, and make sure you use the name used in their ID as this would be used for verification of fund to the Right recipient.
3. Choose your preferred method for the transaction. You can send money through Western Union by Cash by visiting the Western Union branch near you or you can make use of a credit or debit card for bank to bank transactions, fees may vary depending on the bank card used
4. If you are using a bank to bank, you need the recipient bank account details such as International Bank Account Number, Bank Identifier Code and any needed details depends on the country you are sending to.
5. Save the MTCN details as it contains the tracking number and the recipient would be required to give these details to receive the money.
6. To send money abroad using the Western Union Website you have to visit their website to create an account, pay online and ensure you save the MTCN details you would be Given as this would be the tracking code for the recipient to receive the money.
7. To send money via phone call you have to call the Western Union agent and provide the necessary needed information of the recipient and you have to pay with a debit card or credit card.
8. MTCN details would be given and you have to save it to use the recipient to keep track of the money and collect it.
9. If you are using the Western Union app the mobile app is available on Android and iOS.
Xoom is a money transfer firm founded by PayPal that allows you to send money to your friends and loves ones abroad. Usually, money transfers are only allowed if you want to move your money from the US, UK, Europe, and Canada to over 130 countries across the world.
One thing that set Xoom apart from other money transfer service provider is the recipient do not need to have a bank account as the money can be delivered as a cash payout, home delivery, Bank transfer and Topup ( depending o the location of the recipient).
Advantages of using Xoom
1. Money to be transferred can be funded by credit card, debit card, and bank transfer.
2. You can pay bills to your loved ones who reside in Colombia, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Nicaragua and other supported countries.
3. Support is available in Arabic, English, Spanish, French, and Italian.
4. Xoom transfers are Fast, as funds can reach the recipient location within minutes but it would cause you more.
How to send money abroad with Xoom
Xoom currently supports only the US, UK, Europe, and Canada to send money. While it supports other 100 Countries to send money. see the checklist of supported Countries here.
To start sending money abroad with Xoom you need to do the following:
2. You have to fill in your basic information correctly.
3. You have to verify your email address and your ID to start using your account.
4. Connect your bank account with your debit and credit card. Then you are good to go.
Always be sure of who you are sending money to and avoid any mistakes.
Do not disclose your activities to someone you cannot trust.
The transaction method varies from country to country as some countries restrict some setten method of sending money abroad.
Also, read how to block annoying spam calls
NGX opens week negative, down by N3bn
Trading at the domestic bourse started the week on Monday still on negative mood, taking the bearish sentiment to six consecutive trading sessions.
The price depreciation was due to profit-taking sentiments in all the major sectors except the consumer goods and banking sectors.
Specifically, the All-Share Index shed 6.16 points or 0.02 per cent to close at 38,915.62 from 38,921.78 posted on Friday
Accordingly, month-to-date and year-to-date losses stood at 0.8 per cent and 3.4 per cent, respectively.
Similarly, the market capitalisation lost N3 billion to close at N20.275 trillion in contrast with N20.278 trillion recorded on Friday.
The market negative performance was driven by price depreciation in large and medium capitalised stocks, which are Guinness, Lafarge Africa, Oando, Fidson Healthcare and SCOA.
Analysts at United Capital anticipated some bargain hunting on some stocks that experienced selloffs in the previous week.
“In the medium term, we expect the market to remain choppy.
“Additionally, market participants will be watching the fixed income space closely amid a hike in stop rates at the recent Nigerian Treasury Bills (NTB) auction,” they said.
The market breadth closed negative with 20 losers, against 18 gainers.
SCOA led the losers’ chart by 10 per cent to close at N1.17 per share.
Academy Press followed with a decline of 7.69 per cent to close at 36k, while UACN Property Development Company was down by 6.21 per cent to close at N1.51 per share.
Associated Bus Company depreciated by 5.71 per cent to close at 33k, while Oando declined by 4.09 per cent to close at N4.45 per share.
On the other hand, Morison Industries dominated the gainers’ chart in percentage terms, gaining 9.38 per cent to close at N2.10 per share.
Sovereign Trust Insurance followed with a gain of eight per cent to close at 27k, while Linkage Assurance appreciated by 5.26 per cent to close at 60k per share.
Fidelity Bank went up by 4.35 per cent to close at N2.40, while International Breweries appreciated by 4.17 per cent to close at N5 per share.
Total volume traded appreciated by 30.11 per cent to 201.10 million shares worth N2.53 billion traded in 3,340 deals.
This was against a total of 154.56 million shares worth N2.27 billion traded in 3,467 deals on Friday.
Transactions in the shares of Universal Insurance topped the activity chart with 19.45 million shares valued at N3.89 million.
Fidelity Bank followed with 19.28 million shares worth N46.51 million, while FBN Holdings traded 16.68 million shares valued at N12.49 million.
Courteville Business Solutions traded 13.76 million shares valued at N3.87 million, while Access Bank sold 13.49 million shares worth N125.06 million. (NAN)